• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.6a P4 & 80w TEC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the 1.6a depending on the stepping puts out 38.0W(SL62S) -46.8W (SL668)

Here's the chart to determine all P4 Steppings and Thermal Design Power wattages

Here

(ps you were close LT. You must have been thinking about the Williamettes, as they are hot potatos :):mad: :)

Regarding that TEC size, remember the wattages listed above are the default values......So you may want to consider a 120+watt TEC as that 80 may be to small once you start O/Cing and the wattage increases over the default values listed above :rolleyes:

Hey this utility in this thread below is great to compute your Overclocked wattage

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78907

For example, lets say you have the SL668 stepping at 46.8 watts and the default vcore is 1.5v

Lets just say you overclock the 1.6a to 2.1 with a conservative 1.65 vcore

Well your now running

74.23 watts......clearly that 80 watt TEC isnt going to cut the mustard :eh?:

Thanks for the link Silversinksam. I find it fascinating that they released two cpu's of the same BO stepping with such a huge difference in thermal output. I got the hot one which leads me to wonder - what if I had the 38watt version? Also what are the highest overclocks of each stepping? Even though I got the hot SL668 version I can still get 2.5Ghz w/aircooling but heat keeps me from running it there daily.

This deserves a thread in the Intel cpu forum.

damn i guess i gotta get another tec soon... i have only a 72w & 80w... shucks

thanks though guys, lots of help :D

That's right! I forgot about this site having one, thanks for reminding me.

Edit.
Just been there and it seems too many people besides me have forgot about it too, I only found three entries on the 1.6A when sorted by S code. I'll be adding mine later and I hope others do also.

Since your looking around 70watts of heat, your suppose to get a peltier 2x the amount of heat your CPU puts out, so I guess you need a 156watt.

Back