• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.8A or 2.0A, that is the question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

When I replace my dead 1.6A what would be the best to get? I will be buying from Newegg so has anyone gotten either chip lately and is it possible that either would be a C1? I will need to get a chip that will reach 150fsb so as to utilize the 3:4 divider and PC3200 ram.

I second that! ^^^^^

1.8A with a C1 stepping if your willing to wait, iz the way to go.

God Speed in your OCing.

Kam

It is my experience (and I have both) that the 1.8 O/Cs better, and gives a higher O/Ced CPU speed.

steve

Well, I don't know what you want to spend, but I'm testing a theory of mine.

I'm sure that youv'e seen the "OMG What a Chip" thread.
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=137751

Well, I have a sneeking suspicion that the chip he got is a remarked 3.06G or (better that didn't bin out well) with the multiplier locked lower.
Intel has often done this for major customers when they run low of unallocated CPU's of a low speed. After all, it's going in a Dell box without OC stuff in the BIOS, and a quick, cheep solution for Intel.
And if so, I'll bet Intel did a BIG batch, not just a couple.

If it is I'm betting that Hyperthreading is enabled, too! :burn:
Even if you pay full pop for the box, it's still cheeper ($570)than even the new 3.06G HT chip at $600. :eek:

And don't forget the famous Dell 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Hey, it's Mike's sales gimic, not mine!

(And besides, I am going to need a new system for Dad this Xmas).

So, will it be HT enabled?
Will it be a C1 steeping?

Stay tuned.
Same Bat Time
Same Batty OverClocker!

(same lousy speller!)
:p

Back