• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.92v aircooling with P4 2767MHz(Too Much Voltage??)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclocker456

Here's the story I have a P4 1.6A at 2767MHz using 1.92v (actual) and 2.00v in bios. I'm using the Alpha 8942 cooler with a 50CFM Fan. The chip never goes past 55C full load.. The question is this, do you think running this chip at 1.92v is safe? or am I going to kill it within mouths? Does anyone else have a similar voltage with aircooling? and if so what are your temps... What do you think the max voltage should be for air cooling? thanks for listening..

cack01

I don't really have much experience with the P4 1.6A but from what I've seen on many o/c reviews of it no one really went over 1.7v and 1.75v but then again I haven't seen many at 2767MHz. If it can be stable at less voltage then by all means step down the volts. As for if it is hurting it, we all know every cpu is different, but I used to cringe everytime my cpu would go above 50C (when I had air cooling). I think 55C may be a little to much for it (long term wise). But if it runs 90%-100% stable right now I don't think your doing too much damage.

P.S. For air cooling I always try to keep max volts at 1.85v maybe 1.9v if im desperate.