• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 day early suprise!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buhammot

Aah... I am quite satisfied. but also dissappointed. My chaintech VNF3-250 came in as well my my A64 2800+, however, after opening the box, I find that it is only a clawhammer, and not the newcastle as I was hoping. So far, I have been able to hit 2.2g with 1.6v and looking to see how much further I can push this baby. I will get some pics as soon as I can, but the numbers are always more interesting.

hitechjb1

Buhammot said:
Aah... I am quite satisfied. but also dissappointed. My chaintech VNF3-250 came in as well my my A64 2800+, however, after opening the box, I find that it is only a clawhammer, and not the newcastle as I was hoping. So far, I have been able to hit 2.2g with 1.6v and looking to see how much further I can push this baby. I will get some pics as soon as I can, but the numbers are always more interesting.

If the seller specified a 2800+ NewCastle explicitly and you get a 2800+ ClawHammer, you have the right to return it.

From my list, http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=2748995#post2748995,
a 2800+ ClawHammer is either a CG mobile 1.4 V, or an old CO ClawHammer with 512 KB L2 disabled.

There are CG 2800+ NewCastle, either desktop or mobile 1.4 V or mobile 1.2 V.

What is the complete model OPN code of the CPU?

OP
B

Buhammot

it is a clawhammer.
ADA2800AFP4AP
CAAMC 0349MPM

I called newegg, and the lady was clueless... but i told her flat out.. that the product that i recieved was not what was posted on the website. Cause on the site, the item clearly states "NewCastle" and not ClawHammer.

dippy_skoodlez

Buhammot said:
it is a clawhammer.
ADA2800AFP4AP
CAAMC 0349MPM

I called newegg, and the lady was clueless... but i told her flat out.. that the product that i recieved was not what was posted on the website. Cause on the site, the item clearly states "NewCastle" and not ClawHammer.

Then they have to take it back ;)

You paid for a newcastle. I would make em overnight the thing! :p

NiTrO bOiE

Would that really be fair though? You did open it and overclock that thing which does void the warrenty... Newegg did the oppisite to me, I ordered a CH and got a NC. I kept the NC, I didn't feel like waiting a week for what I ordered, and plus the prices were the same.

dippy_skoodlez

NiTrO bOiE said:
Would that really be fair though? You did open it and overclock that thing which does void the warrenty... Newegg did the oppisite to me, I ordered a CH and got a NC. I kept the NC, I didn't feel like waiting a week for what I ordered, and plus the prices were the same.

DUnno.... Technicly, yes... but, IMO, they messed up their order, and as long as it still runs stock, it should be fine.
;)

I still would try the overnight. They f*cked it up, so they should have to correct it.

My friend ordered something from SVC once, and they forgot something, and had something else in the box he never ordered.

They let him keep the extra thing, and overnighted him the forgotten piece, :D