• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

#1 DDR P4 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

Looking to grab a DDR board for my 2.5 P4. What boards are great for OCing? I'm lookning for the fixing AGP/PCI option as well as a decent BIOS. The BD7 @ seems to be a popular board..any others? Thanks EC

BD7II/BD7II RAID was the first that came to mind for me. Great board and the best value in a P4 board, too.

My second pick would be the Gigabyte GA-8IEXP. Great feature set, best stability and reliability, and a great overclocker if you take time to read the manual.

BHD

I must agree with BHD on the Abit selections. I also have a SR7-8X that does not even come close to the O/C ability of the BD7II.

you can't compare abit bd7 II to asus p4pe
if you want to compare it with abit take the it7 max2 v2.0 its the same chipset (i845PE) and it rocks
i own it for myself and i couldnt think of a better mainboard for my p4
but waiting for the granite bay chipset is even better i think ;)

any of the 845e boards (it7,p4b533, etc) EXCEPT for the 8IEXP. I had one for a week before i rma'd it. I'm not the only one with problems on that board....it's just not stable above stock speeds.

Albatron PX845PE Pro II !!! very nice performance, onboard intel 10/100 nic, sata and raid, 6 pci... and cheaper :)

best board

FLAT OUT... THE ONLY CHOICE FOR INTEL BOARDS ( IF YOU WANT THE BEST!!)... ASUS P4PE, or ABIT IT7 MAX V2.0. There is just no comparison to old 850E chipset boards. either are amazing. look at reviews and prices... they botch kick all ***!!!!

Back