• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 gig Tully all quiet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

Just thought I\d let the tualatin fans know, that you can easily run the 1 ghz version passively.. I have mine at 1 ghz, 32 celsius, by just removing the active cooler from the boxed cooling system...

Additionally I\ve added a papst 8412 NGL, and I can boost the clock as well, still virtually with no noise, and temps below 30 celsius...

best chip I\ve bought ever... sure makes me hate the ear-killer XP 2100+ system I\ve got....

Cheers, Flixotide

JaY_III

Senior of BX
1.1A's also work fine passively :D
just dont try overclocking without a fan

Tipycol

flixotide said:
Just thought I\d let the tualatin fans know, that you can easily run the 1 ghz version passively.. I have mine at 1 ghz, 32 celsius, by just removing the active cooler from the boxed cooling system...

Additionally I\ve added a papst 8412 NGL, and I can boost the clock as well, still virtually with no noise, and temps below 30 celsius...

best chip I\ve bought ever... sure makes me hate the ear-killer XP 2100+ system I\ve got....

Cheers, Flixotide

Just curious, what are your case temps?

Darkseid

mmm mine is quite silent enough with stock fan, but i will try that just to... well to try something else, isn´t that why we are here :D

OP
flixotide

flixotide

Case temps at boot time are around 24-25 C.. after 24 hours case temps stable at 29 C.. and that even in my MicroATX casing... no way I'm buying a tower again with these results..

Cheers, Flixotide

Darkseid

well... i´ve tryed my tuelron 1.0a without a fan, and DAMN! when it get 45 i started the fan again, that was with no case cooling, maybe that would help a little but not much, i´ll just leave it with the stock fan at 1.43ghz and 37c full load