• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 or 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonthunder

Basically it's a 28" Vs 2 x 21.5

Main things I would be doing would be graphic design. Thought 2 might be better then I can have what programs I need running on separate screens rather than them all running behind each other.

So what's peoples opinion

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
This is user dependent man. I enjoy the work area on two monitors.... on one, regardless of size, you only have so much resolution to work with.

Would two monitors help YOU? If yes get them.

OP
neonthunder

neonthunder

I'm thinking 2 would be best....

Just wondering if I'd benefit from the larger screen but as you say only so much Res to work with.

I shall have a ponder before I click buy

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Inches dont matter.... it's the same resolution. 1920x1080 at 21" is the same as 28". Besides 1080p looks bad, to me, on 28" monitor arms length away...

If they are the same resolution a single screen @ 1080p or 2 screens @ 1080p then go with the 2 screens for sure. Gives more usable work space. IMO

OP
neonthunder

neonthunder

If only I could afford to big ones :(

Gone with 2 smaller ones. They will be here in a day or so. Shall post pics in my build thread

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
For work I prefer 2 screens. A dedicated one for C.A.D. and another for Forums Email, standard books, and ancillary applications.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Why not have 4 27" 2560x1440?

Landscape Portrait Portrait Landscape

Best for Coding and having references up on the side.