• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10 IDE and SATA HD's-- Best Way to Access Them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I have an assortment of IDE and SATA drives HDs, ranging in size from 20gigs to 1TB.

I no longer want to carry/store/move around so many drives as they take up a lot of space. What's the best way to transfer all the drives' data so I can get rid of the drives, and the external HD enclosures? Ideally, I'd keep the 1 TB for some backup ability- but the rest would be taken out of their external HD enclosures and the data transferred to a larger HD I own.

No cloud storage solutions- just local backup on my 6TB drive.

Thanks in advance.

Im kinda confused. You already have HDD enclosures? Plug in your drives and transfer the data and call it a day. There isnt a faster or more streamlined solution that I can think of. Afterwords dont forget to steal the neodymium magnets from the drives. I have also read that they have high quality bearings that can be used for building robots and such.

Im kinda confused. You already have HDD enclosures? Plug in your drives and transfer the data and call it a day. There isnt a faster or more streamlined solution that I can think of. Afterwords dont forget to steal the neodymium magnets from the drives. I have also read that they have high quality bearings that can be used for building robots and such.

Thank you for replying. I should have been MORE clear I see. I don't have many of the plugs, they were lost by the movers. Thanks for the tips on the ball bearings!

Back