• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

10662 3dmarks??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Namagomi

Disabled
On after tweaking the BIOS on the system below, or what i THOUGHT was tweaking, I pulled down a score of 10662 with 3dmark. I bested that on my 1600 and ti500, so whats the deal? Anything I should be looking out for inthe bios that might have caused me to score so much lower? This box did 13032 at one time, so i know it's there =P

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
40.71 drivers are faster...and you probably have AA on...or vsync..for it to be that low. raise your fsb..and lower your multiplier...you didnt buy pc3200 cas 2 ram to be running 174 fsb.. try 191x10.5. change your destop color depth to 16 bit, and get riva tuner...there are a few options in there that should be turned on/off, which can drastically lower a score..overclock your video card also, this is warrant a much higher score

Fluxer

Make sure you have:

vertical sync = off
desktop set to 16bit
anti-aliasing = always off
mipmap detail level = best performance
buffer-flipping mode = use block transfer

That should increase your score if you don't already have those options set.

OP
Namagomi

Namagomi

Disabled
Ok, after spending the past 5 hours, and running 3dmark over 32 times, I finally got 13191 3dmarks, with the most stable BIOS settings being 13150 3dmarks. Pretty good without a video card o/c, no? ;D Also, i found out that and fast reads, "Enhance AGP Performance" and Read Synchronation all lowered the 3dmark score. is that normal?

update! O/Ced to 315/700 the vid card for the first time, and pulled down a 13609 with much stability. gonna burn it in tonight and try for a higher OC in the morning.

P.S. - disabling AGP fastwrites gave me 159 more 3dmarks, and disabling Enhance DRAM gave me 5 =P

Last edited: