• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12 at only 7!?!?!?!?! WTF!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ignore it if you wish, but that still doesnt change the fact that a 300watt (gennerally over rated) generic PSU is a no no in the overclock world

timmyqwest said:
ignore it if you wish, but that still doesnt change the fact that a 300watt (gennerally over rated) generic PSU is a no no in the overclock world

jesus timmy - you dont KNOW:rolleyes: there are more peple running generics than you realise.

You seem to be skippin over alot of the posts... Worry about positive rails .. forgot the -12v and -5v because they don't report those right.

That is correct, The neg allways seem to read off, but the Pos is the main concern. Why the alarm tho? Most mobo alarms have a sequence of beeps that are described in the manual. If ou dont have a manual, you can download it from the man. website. BUT! I have had it with cheap PS's! Even the 300w that came with a case I bought had a true voltage reading of 4.85-4.92 on the +5volt rail and a 3.2-3.25v on the 3.3!!!! That S%#^s!You could even hear the fans slow down when the proc was put on a full load situation. I learned my lesson here and just got a 400w antec and the voltage seems to be exact and steady no matter what the load. I also in case you looked at the sys we got, the pelt is powered by a second meanwell power supply designed to power our 226w peltier. So at no time have we put that task in the hands of our sys ps.

Have a great week and thanks to all for advice and tips!

Back