• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120 mm panaflo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overdoze

Would this work well with black ICE extreme. I plan on cooling dual processor. The heat is roughly 150W. The fan only move 69cfm. Would that be enough or should I go with higher rpm fan. I'm pretty sensitive with noise however.

Though I don't agree with you on your choice of radiator for a dually, let me recommend that whatever radiator you wind up going with put a pair of these on it in a push-pull sandwich.

They are quiet and together they are very effective.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot. I imagine the push pull will work well as well.
The radiator choice (don't agree?) Is it too big or too small or too expensive? please spell it out.

Hoot said:
No, No, Yes!

Check out this heater core/radiator. Excellent performer, ask anyone using it and only ~$25.00

Hoot

That's all fine and good, what that model/year of car/truck is that from, so we'll know what to look for on Ebay? =)

I believe it is for a 1987 Chevrolet Chevette, but there are many smaller cars that use the same core. Print out the picture on a color ink-jet printer and take it to the local auto parts store. They should have them. Otherwise, you can order it from Danger Den with the bards already installed for around $37.00

Hoot

Hoot said:
Though I don't agree with you on your choice of radiator for a dually, let me recommend that whatever radiator you wind up going with put a pair of these on it in a push-pull sandwich.

They are quiet and together they are very effective.

Hoot
Hoot, why would you pick the two sunon's over two panaflo m1's

Actually, I'm using the Panaflo equivalent. I recommended the Sunon because they have the same specs for a few dollars less. At the slow speed they run at, the bearings will probably last a long time in either case.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot. learning new things everyday. This forum is great. I plan on water cooling a lot of computers. this convert to lots of money safe. Thanks again you guys are cool :)

I ordered 1 of those 84 cfm Sunon fans a few months ago from millisec.com and they sent me a 86 cfm Panaflo 120 instead because he had run out of the Sunon fans. That is what I'm presently using on my pelt/watercool P3 rig.

Panaflo 86CFMs are just fine...

but I am wondering how much diff. you see with the sandwich fan setup?

I see no performance change at all on my new chromie Xtreme here...
maybe that's because you guys are using heatercores and it's creating back pressure on the fan... so it performs maybe better with 2 fans on the core... i don't know... fill me in...

Back