• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm 220V fan connection problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xadhoom

well... i have 3 120 mm fans in my case and no idea how to connect them.. its like kinda drastic to have 3 more wires out from the comp....gotta find a easy solution...any ideas

If they have the standard 4 pin plugs on them then you can go to Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. and pick up a few "Y" adapters for your power cables. This just makes one plug coming from your power supply into two plugs. Only run a $2-3 a piece.

european standards... hehe
think i found a good solution
hehe when im finished ill post a howto on overclockers.com

3 wires out of case? are they 110ac fans or 12v dc fans? I recall (shrudder) my first 120mm front fan, it was an 110ac monster that sounded like a dc9 on take off. I got edumencated (j/k) and switched to 12v dc 120mm's and threw a reostat on them for controll. Now they sound nice and quiet at half speed, but can open fire for quick heat venting.

Tomsawyer (Feb 06, 2001 10:11 p.m.):
3 wires out of case? are they 110ac fans or 12v dc fans? I recall (shrudder) my first 120mm front fan, it was an 110ac monster that sounded like a dc9 on take off. I got edumencated (j/k) and switched to 12v dc 120mm's and threw a reostat on them for controll. Now they sound nice and quiet at half speed, but can open fire for quick heat venting.
I have been using Orion 110vac fans, and I have found them to be much quieter than YSTech 120mm 12v's. I have noticed that the 110VACs push slightly less CFU per minute though.

It appears that most people responding ignored the fact that these are 220 VAC fans-- not 12 VDC. I am assuming that your power supply is also 220V (primary).

I would just tap the primary 220 VAC power to the power supply at a point within the power supply housing. Just run suitable cable(s) out of the power supply housing to the fans. I doubt that the low current draw of these small fans (small for 220V) would over load your power cable (to the PSU), but you should check first..

thank you... im gonna try that solution..... se if my power can cope with everything else and still power the fans.....

Back