• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

128 meg gf3 ti 200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dweller

Registered
this card is supposed to be a 64 meg gf3 ti 200 what gives ??????

and what does latancy do :confused:

Pinky

What card? I guess they could make a 128mb model, though it's kinda wasted since the bandwidth of the GF3 line is the limiting factor most of the time, and more memory does not equal more bandwidth...

Latency is "delay", which means, in computer terms, "more latency, more delay, slow PC/or whatever..."

OP
Dweller

Dweller

Registered
ive looked around and cant find any gf3 ti 200's with 128 ram so either i got me a fgood card or a bad one ???? :)

tnx 4 the link

Pinky

Dweller said:
ive looked around and cant find any gf3 ti 200's with 128 ram so either i got me a fgood card or a bad one ???? :)

Extra RAM is never a bad thing, it just doesn't do a heck of a lot for you with that card (more RAM on older cards only allows you to maintain some level of performance at really high resolutions but doesn't add much of a boost in performance at lower/standard resolutions).

badgers

I have an MSI gf3 Ti 200 with 128 meg of ram.
It was sold as having 128 and it came with 128.
The extra memory will help with future games. That ram will hold textures for games. Right now I think that games are written to keep the textures inside of 64 meg cards. as 128 gets more popular I think textures will become bigger.

PS this also reduces the need for AGP 4X or 8X with 128 you won't need system ram for holding textures.
FSAA also uses up memory.
I got 128 because at the time it was 10 bucks more then the 64 meg version.

quegyboe

I wouldn't be complaining if I was you. You payed for a 64MB card and recieved a 128MB card, how could that be a bad thing?

OP
Dweller

Dweller

Registered
im only complaining because ive been told 128 cards are slower than 64 :)
it still kills on ut2003