• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12V noob question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AgNa

Registered
OK I plugged 2 old casefans (12V) directly to the PSU (floppy cable) My motherboard says 12.36V but Multimeter says 12.16/7 with both fans+CD-RW+CDR in the same cable and 2 HD`s in the other one. Is that enough?? or should I take off one of the fans? Becouse I was thinking in add a new fan under the HD tha same way. I`m using a 300W PSU (Codgen)
Thanx in advance

macklin01

Computational Oncologist / Biomathematician / Mode
Hello, and welcome to the forums.

Well, AFAIK, you should be okay. So long as your multimeter says you're in the 12V range and you aren't experiencing any stability problems, I though you're alright.

Whether or not 300W is sufficient for all that equipment depends upon what the fans are, what your CPU is, video card is, etc.
-- Paul

OP
AgNa

AgNa

Registered
Thanx for the fast reply, I think it`s OK too, couse I only have a AMD Atlhon 750 not OverClocked and a old Savage 4. Besides I`m runnig my sys 24/7 so I guess I should notice any problem in the next 24hs or so:rolleyes:
Thanx a lot one more time

macklin01

Computational Oncologist / Biomathematician / Mode
Not a problem, and glad to help! You definitely sound fine to me. If it helps you to gauge, I have a TTGI 300W PSU, and I'm running everything you see in my sig and a CDRW.

Welcome again to the forums! -- Paul