• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

+12v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bull

I have one computer that says 13 volts with Asus probe. It seems to run fine. You might want to use another monitor program to confirm the results. I'm not sure mine is accurate. My main computer says 11.8 volts. I've switched out my main computers power supply and got the same results with 13 volts. All I can think is the monitor program is off a little. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Tismedt

Shadow ÒÓ's after me!!!
If the actual voltage is 12.9 it could be a concern. Your fans and periphs will run a little above spec and wear out sooner though I wouldnt worry about things frying. If your 5v is high then you have to worry about your mobo and pci cards. Check it with a multimeter to be sure.

madsam

so, how high is too high on the 5 volt rail? my rails look like this: 12v is 12.65-12.77, and my 5v is 5.08-5.16.

thanks in advance.