• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1333 FSB Mod, Confirmed To Be Working By Me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jack,
that your seeing is C1E, but yes the celey-l's dont have EIST. as they dont need it at a 35watt TDP, EIST would be better on higher wattage ones. if you really wanted to be "green" you sould undclock/undervolt the cpu to be fast enough for what she does. if its just a web surfing box might as well underclock it.

Indeed, for a web surfing box even 1.8 GHz is plenty. I love how little heat these Cellys give off at stock speeds/voltages, keeps the cpu fan a little over 1Krpms. So quiet. :)

Also, I'm surprised that this mod worked on a C430. I tried it on my Conroe-L and it didn't work, I had to use a slightly different mod to achieve 1333 FSB. Pretty awesome regardless though, a 3 GHz Conroe-L (especially at stock voltage) is definitely nothing to sneeze at. :beer:

Just to throw my 2 cents in for this mod...

Q6600 vid 1.225
Asus p5n-e sli 650i chipset

I could not get above 2.7 stable, regardless of cpu voltage, and i felt i was limited by my fsb on my motherboard, which seemed odd, as my motherboard is listed as supporting 1333 cpu's. Some testing showed 333 with auto nb voltage was a no post, and as i turned up my nb voltage i could get closer to windows loading, but not actually get there.

I tore down my system today, installed a new nb cooler, and modded my chip for 1333, and as i sit here writing this, my quad is humming along at 3.0ghz stock voltage with my northbridge also at stock voltage. Granted, its hard to conclude that the 1333 mod alone would have been sufficient for me to run 3ghz, since i also fixed my nb cooling, but i didnt really feel up to tearing apart my system twice today :DTime to go test prime for stability!!!

Edit: wow. talk about time to update my sig, havent posted here in quite a long time.

yea with the NV 600's nb they do run really hot. the lower end 600's really do benfit from having upgraded nb cooling.

Last edited:
ok is that a diff mod or do i soilder the same pads together and put my fsb at 400?

yes it is a different mod and it would put the fsb at 400mhz. im not sure about solider but soldering wouldnt be prefered for doing padd modding. the simpliest way is to either use a silver pen from radioshack or use a windows defrogger kit from autozone/pepboys,etc...

wait im still kinda confused on how this mod works... wouldnt it be the same thing if i just changed the fsb to 400.... i thought this mod made the cpu work at a faster fsb and keeping the same clock...but now i think its just going to oc my board....

thanks for the fast reply evilsizer do you have alink to that mod?
http://www.overclockers.com/articles1527/

wait im still kinda confused on how this mod works... wouldnt it be the same thing if i just changed the fsb to 400.... i thought this mod made the cpu work at a faster fsb and keeping the same clock...but now i think its just going to oc my board....

pad modding is used on boards that offically support those fsb's but lack overclocking features in the bios. the place for this to be used is OEM pc's such as DELL/HP/Gateway.. pad modding fools the motherboard into thinking it is a faster fsb cpu.

hey guys how is your experience with doing an fsb mod and then overclocking even further? for example, if i do the 800 to 1333 fsb mod to the e2140 with the MSI G31M-F board and it becomes 2.66Ghz, will i still be able to overclock further above 2.66ghz, like reaching 3ghz?

and if i do the fsb mod, will the pci-e frequency increase from 100mhz in the MSI G31M-F? i heard it might damage the video card if it does.

i'm planning to buy the MSI G31M-F board and I heard that it can reach up to around 270 fsb in some forums. i'm wondering if i add manual oc and fsb mod together, will it reach 3ghz and not just 2.66ghz?

thanks guys.

I just bought the wife an XPS with a q6600, I'm sure the Dell bios won't lemme clock it, but I'll give the BSEL a try. Another thing, this Dell has a HUGE heatsink fan looks to be a 6 heatpipe cooler.

damn.. it didn't work for me.. I tried the BSEL2 method for the Q6600. I taped over just that single BSEL2 tab. The BIOS still showed the CPU as 2.4GHz, and when I tried to boot up Windows, it would either hang, restart, or give me blue screen..

Is there another way to do this? :(

Back