• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1333 FSB Mod, Confirmed To Be Working By Me.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this also worked for me on a gateway system i stuck an E2200 in. Post screen gave a warning about unsupported CPU and said it would run reduced speed.

Its running at 3.0.

im tempted to try this with my quad now....

Works with with my dell E520 only supports the 1066 fsb though :/
has a e4400 mistakenly a e6400 in my sig lol.

VRs links dont work anymore they might have deleted the content or moved it. I got info from
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/341123-intel-bsel-vid-mod-guide.html

Had done this mod before but removed it for a while when my video card started having problems.

Mine would not boot without 1.4v vid mod...then still wasnt stable until the 1.45v vid mod

its fairly stable at 3.2ghz now so dont give up if it doesnt work on stock voltage

I recently brought it up to 1.55v to get it stable.

Last edited:
Sorry that this is really off topic, but I looked at this thread and saw the thread starter's post about a 30 second 8m and I ran an 8m itteration and I started laughing as soon as I saw the final number! 5minutes 47seconds! hahaha, Intel really has the lead there ;).

mmm so.. for the bsel mod what kind of tape i have to use.. my cpu is a q6600 C2Q.
soo cooper conductive tape or black electrical tape?

thx.. and a little final question, its true that i only need to tape a single pin/pad to do this?

Last edited:
You'd figure they would have learned by now... But we will always find a way to get extra performance for free!

can my system support this mod?
i attached the cpuz.txt already,please help me to check wether it can support this mod or not?.
dunno my mobo can support or not.
now just use setfsb overclock and without any problem.
but i need a solution to mod on board.
pls help me ...tq

Attachments

• cpuz.txt
    58.1 KB · Views: 150
Oldish thread now, but i attacked my e1200 with rear window defroster repair paint, gave it .1 more vcore and 333fsb, works great!
Mobo isn't sure what to think, it's willing to let it run as long as you don't try to OC it (via bios), if you do it reads the chip ID for fsb and the padmod confuses the hell out of it, and the whole thing simply fails to turn on.
Also the g31 kicks the bucket at 336fsb, absolutely will not go any higher then that.
But hey, this bought me 63fsb or so over bios OCing, 333 instead of ~270l.

If you're doing it with window defogger stuff, when you're cleaning you really have to clean the )(@$*!&#(% out of it, i thought i got it all but it wouldn't boot. Turns out there was a tiny tiny tiny tiny essentially invisible trace between a vss (ground) pad and a clock signal pad. With the clock grounded, the cpu didn't work real well :p

Hi guyz , reallly old thread but it has made me hopeful that OC is possible on my mobo. I have ->>
Intel Q6600 (stock)
Intel DG33FB
2GB Kingston 667 Mhz , 2GB Kingston 800Mhz
XFX 1GB 4850
1x80GB segate Sata
1 Samsung DVD writer
Samsung 2233SWplus
Zebronics Pro 550 watt

Now, i read this whole thread, atleast tried too and got to knw that i can either tape 1 pink or join two pin. Since i am a noob, decided to Tape 1 pin only. taped it , system booted fine but nuthing happened. Still shoed as 2.4ghz under bios.

Went on to intel site looked for the boads it says supports 1066Mhz for C2Q and 1333 for C2D. But checked under supported list of processors and found that it supports a lot of 1333 Mhz processor

Can someone tell me if there i a confirm way to OC q6600 with a DF33FB or not. If yes then wt ??
Thnx! and soory for such a question !

Check out this article, then download the Excel spreadsheet linked below the article link.

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=2&artpage=2912&articID=629

http://www.madshrimps.be/vbulletin/...0-stepping-processor-review-38563/#post157535

I've compared the Excel worksheet results to the vr-zone article and got the same results in the three or so examples that I looked at.

Reefa I don't know how I missed this, thanks for those links, that spreadsheet is great! I'm waiting for the conductive paint to dry as I write this. :salute:

EDIT: It worked great again, 1.58v default vcore for my Conroe-L Celeron. :D

Last edited:
hey just made an account to add a bit of info on this thread xD
hopefully it will help someone, i wish i had of seen this thread before i tryed to do my cpu lol
i dont know if anyone has said this yet but i have done it to the e4300 that comes with the dell dimension e520 and can confirm that it works heres an image of cpuz and everest
tf5tfb.jpg

Is there this kind of mod for E6750? Socket 775.
If yes, please let me know where the diagram is.

Regards,

Last edited:
All the lga775 padmods are the same FSB wise, just go by what your default FSB is.

So, this method is going to work on E6750?
I just want to make sure coz I am a noob.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 1333fsbid4.jpg
    1333fsbid4.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,027
no this wont work simply because the cpu already has a fsb of 1333.32/4=333.33mhz. you would want to look into a 400mhz fsb pad mod if your motherboard supports the QX9770 or says native 400mhz/1600mhz fsb support.

i want to OC my Gateway : FX4710-EB802A... chity lock bios someone told me i can oc by a software trought vista that can change my fsb and my frecency. can someone help me! plz!

Hey guys this is my first post and I was wondering. Could any of You guys please let me know If there is anything like this for the core-i7 to possibly unlock the multiplier?

Back