• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1337 laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmy53

I couldn't think where to post this, thanks all in advance.

One of my clients is requesting a quote for a "911 turbo laptop" and I just wanted to catch some opinions from people here about 1337 laptops. My company buys exclusively Dell's but I wanted to see what else was in the field. Thanks again.

James

manny2326

Registered
voodoopc have crazy pcs. they have a silent pc that has no fans is all heat pipes. they are alot of money though.

OP
J

Jimmy53

These are hot! Thanks again guys!

Buying a really expensive laptop for a client is like going to the toy store with your mom and watching her buy all these awesome toys for herself.

Enigma422

What is your client planning on doing with the laptop?

Personally I like the T series ThinkPads, but I am a bit bias since I own one.

The new T42s come equipped with a Mobility 9600 graphics card with 64MB dedicated memory, but it could be upgraded to a FireGL with 128MB of memory. I find these notebooks powerful while not carrying a lot of weight like a lot of those "high end" laptops that I really consider no more than portable desktops (not something you want to be lugging around all of the time). My only complaint about the IBM laptops is the sound isn't that great, but I really wasn't to concerned about that. That is what I got my desktop for.

Biggles 266

My mate just picked up a Fujitsu Siemens lappy. Athlon 64 3200XP, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 9700 mobility, widescreen, other stuff I'm jealous of.

It wasn't quite the highest spec machine on the market, but very close to it. Why didn't he get the best? Well he did, twice, and both had issues. So he told them where to put it and went else where.

attack

make sure you find out battery life on these. Most of them can't even go 2 hours with all the highend stuff that's in em.

Also I know he said he wanted to "911 turbo" but looking at voodoo, alienware, and acer ferrari the ferrari is more than 50% less and almost just as good of a performer and has the longest battery life....not to mention it has a ferrari logo
just trying to make your decision easier :)

OP
J

Jimmy53

Yeah I was most impressed by the Acer. Real nice quality vs price, it doesnt even look tacky.

dropadrop

I bought a laptop a few weeks ago that's based on the same barebones as one of voodoo pc's envy series. It has a mobile A64 2800+, a mobile 9700 and a widescreen. I get 4 hours batterylife under very light use (web surfing ect.), 3 hours of heavier use (w-lan, working on music) or about 2 hours of heavy gaming.