• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

133Mhz fsb on a Abit TH7-II ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

army_man

Registered
ok heres the deal i want a fast puter cuz i do vid encoding and i want my vid card and pci slots to work good. if i get a 133Mhz fsb i can get that. the prob is i'm running a p4 1.8 100Mhz fsb. and i dont have money for liquid cooling yet. with the 133Mhz fsb i'll be running at 2394Mhz. what is it gonna take for me to do this
specs

Abit TH7-II mobo
P4 1.8
2 256Mb Samsung Original Rambus modules
3 Hard Drives 2 Cdroms
GeForce 4 Ti 4400 128Mb ddr agp
5 total fans
300W antec PSU

please advise

Is your P4 a Northwood or Willamette? If it's a NW then flash to Mr Naturals 39c version bios, because the NW will overclock and the Willy won't do much at all.
Go to "SoftMenuIII" setting in bios
Change cpu operating speed setting to manual
Increase your vcore
set agp/pci to "fix" setting
increase the fsb to 133
RDRAM bus frequency to 400
differential current to 4X

I'd say start with a vcore of 1.6v and try to get into windows. If it fails then keep increasing the vcore one step at a time for each time you try to get into windows until you are successful.

Important physical steps to make first are to remove the sticky thermal material from the bottom of the heatsink and use Arctic SilverIII in it's place following their directions to a T when applying it.
Also having the two sticks of Samsung RDRAM in the two slot positions nearest the cpu will increase your odds of a good overclock. Another easy thing to do to increase your odds is to place a fan blowing dirrectly at the memory sticks.

my cpu is a willamette btw.

with the agp/pci in the fix position would i have to worry bout reaching that 133Mhz fsb? if i cant make it even somethign around 125 could be ok and my bus speeds would stay normal.

also i just ordered the thermaltake dragon orb for the 478 pin p4 and it comes with some of that thermal material that ok or should i spring for the arctic silver 3

Those Willy P-4's seemed to max out at about 2.1 gig (on average) even with cooling mods and good overclocking tweaking. If you were able to hit 120 FSB, then I'd say you are a great overclocker and have an exceptional CPU on your hands. Use the "fix" setting to keep the AGP and PCI bus at default, that should help. Good luck.

Back