• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

13600k doesn't seem to boost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NotWorking

I have just built a system with a new 13600k. Everything runs really well except that the CPU seems a bit too slow. First, here are the systems specs:

HW_Info_01.jpg

After finishing the build I ran Cinebench to see if temperatures were staying alright. However, during the multicore test the CPU temps never went over 55 degrees, which is a bit odd.
To me it looks like the CPU is never really boosting but I might be wrong or misinterpreting things?

Here is a screenshot of what HW info says:
HW_Info_02.jpg

And here are some photos of the BIOS settings:

BIOS_01.jpg

Am I reading this wrong or is there some kind of problem? I have put together PCs before, but this issue seems to be a bit above my paygrade.
Any help would be appreciated.

Well, according to your images, it's boosting to 5.1 GHz (see max clocks). So it's working right in that respect.

During multi-core loads like Cinebench, it's not going to run that max boost speed....that's for 2 core/threads and how the chip works. I'd imagine somewhere in the mid 4 Ghz is where it will run?

Is that BIOS updated to the latest version? What cooling do you have?

Yes, I made sure to update BIOS and all drivers/firmware to the latest version. I use a NZXT Kraken 240mm AIO on the CPU, which should be plenty.
Are those 'Ring Limit Reasons' in HWInfo something I should worry about?

Yes, I made sure to update BIOS and all drivers/firmware to the latest version. I use a NZXT Kraken 240mm AIO on the CPU, which should be plenty.
Are those 'Ring Limit Reasons' in HWInfo something I should worry about?
Nope.

What clocks does it run at when CB runs? Is it around where I guessed? Keep Hwinfo up and see what wattage it records when running.. .post that pic.

But so far, I don't see a problem... :)

Yes, looks like it. This shot is taken mid-run.
CB r23 score is 22385, which isn't horrible, but I see people hitting 24000, so I am wondering if there are easy tweaks I can do, to improve things a bit.
And I can see power never going over 145w, not sure if that is good.

HW_Info_03.jpg

Yeah.. I still don't see a problem. That's a good thing! :)

If you want to increase performance, try raising the multipliers for the P-cores up one each. You have plenty of temperature headroom and I don't see anything else limiting it at initial glance. ;)

Thank you for the information. I'll try to squeeze out a bit more and see how it feels.
Just surprised everything is so nice and cool.

Back