• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

13600k the best CPU to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

I'm looking at building a new PC, and have started with the ASUS Creator B660 since Newegg apparently accidentally listed it for $99. Dual Ethernet (2.5+1.0Gb), 2 NVMe 4.0 slots, PCIe 5.0 slot, everything I could want...

Watching the Gamers Nexus videos, it seems like the i5 13600K is pretty much only out-performed by the 13th Gen i7 and i9 CPUs (or top-end AMD parts). It doesn't seem like the i7 or i9 have any real benefit unless you're going crazy on multi-tasking or intensive workflows. The most demanding thing I'd see myself doing is trying to stream Escape From Tarkov or something via OBS. My i7 4790k has honestly still been perfectly fine, but the motherboard deal was too good to pass up.

Benchmarks aside, is there any reason to consider a 12th Gen i7 over the 13th Gen i5? Their prices are comparable, so the only other CPU I'd really consider is the i5 12600k, but it seems like the 13th Gen uplift is pretty significant.

Last edited:
Back