• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1440p or ultrawide?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alcsi69

Hey guys!

I’ve been thinking about upgrading my current monitor (actually i’d keep it as a second monitor) because i think my monitor is the limiting factor now...(i have a 6700k @ 5ghz and an 1070ti)
So my question would be, what would you buy? I mainly game, edit videos and pictures, design in 3d on my computer.
Which option would be better for these purposes?

When editing, I find having 2 monitors is great. I can set up one screen to have a timeline and second screen to have preview/master and clips list.
If you get one very good monitor and another just plain good, you can use a very good monitor as a gamer when not editing.

Thanks for you answer!
I also tought about getting a higher refresh rate monitor at the 1080p resolution, but i don’t think i would need something like 120hz, because i don’t really play competitive fps games.
I found a not really expensive 1440p, 31.5”, IPS and 75Hz monitor from AOC, it’s the Q3279VWFD8, and there are some good reviews about it.
Maybe i’ll buy that one.

I also run dual monitors 27" monitors instead of one Ultrawide, for the same uses that you specify.

However, one of mine is 4k, and the other is 1440p. The 4k is IPS and used for VFX work, and the 1440p is used for gaming, or timelines/folders when I'm being productive.

Back