• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600+ @ 1.679 w/o unlock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

Yep, my friends new kt333 soltek took his newegg AGOIA 1600+ all the way to 1.67 (stable) without unlocking. Thats 158 fsb no problem. Temps only increased like 2C.

I know its probably not the best OC w/o unlocking ever but it doesn't really register in awesomeness untill you see it in person...

takiwa

Tell your friend congrats! Those are very nice overclockers...if the components in his system will go higher, that chip might do a lot more. When I got my ARIOA from them, it did 172FSB out of the box, and if I ever had any doubts about AMD before that, they were gone then! Tell him to keep pushing that thing...1.8-1.9G could be right around the corner :)

{PMS}fishy

h0mersimps0n said:
Yep, my friends new kt333 soltek took his newegg AGOIA 1600+ all the way to 1.67 (stable) without unlocking. Thats 158 fsb no problem. Temps only increased like 2C.

I know its probably not the best OC w/o unlocking ever but it doesn't really register in awesomeness untill you see it in person...

You really do not need to unlock a chip like that to hit really high speeds. Mine is unlocked but silly me I am running the defualt multiplier of 10.5x and a FSB of 188 to get the best performance. That chip should eaisly hit 166 so then you can kick in the 1/5 divder and be back in spec, and start climbing in speed. Set the V-Core to 1.85 and the FSB to 175 and see what happens. I think you will be supprized.

OC-Master

h0mersimps0n said:

Out of the three AROIA Y processors that I have recieved, all of them did 10.5 x 181 without the need of having to be unlocked. You should try for 175MHz FSB before you think about unlocking. If you know your ram cant handle the high FSBs behond 166MHz then I wouldnt bother unlocking. If you got a KT333 and DDR400 then I say give it a go and unlock the sucker.

DS-Master

Stick00

i just got my xp 1600 today and was going to unlock. Its the AGOIA, 0204MPM Look at my sig i have the soyo kt400 platinum and it has a setting for the 1/6 divider. you guys think i ought to try the overclock without unlocking first??????

TinMan

sadly this will not be good news for you, but the KT400 Chipset does not support the 1/6 divider.

This was put in by via and it never worked, so the next version of the KT400 chip will. 1/5 is the most you will get to work regardless of what it says in the bios.

eXtraktor

h0mersimps0n said:

Its even greater when you can do it with PC2100 :)

*Points at sig*

maxima88

With very good hardware/cooling, 1.9G-2G is what he should aim for.
I've gotten my xp1600+ to 1963mhz using default multi (10.5x187).

Garfield

Okay, this kind of thing really gets me mad. When I built my computer, I didn't "know" about steppings, so I don't know my stepping of my 1600+!!! :mad: :mad:

Well, I'm going to unlock her soon, so I'm going to have to take the heatsink off of it and then I'll be able to see. But, I feel so left out in these stepping conversations! :( :D

Garfield

Wow, those are really good temps for air cooling. 21C under full load!! That's impressive and with that OC. I just went more last night. Now I'm at 1667MHz, and I'm still going more. So far, everything's handling up perfectly...

takiwa

me thinks someone needs to check their temps with a more reliable monitor...unless his ambient in the house is about 12-15C...LOL

youthemandan

So where is everybody getting these AGOIA's that can OC to over 1900 and possibly 2000. I am interested to know. BTW is the best overclocking chip in the XP line.

Garfield

As far as where to get them, I don't know of any specific place to get specific steppings, but I did hear that newegg (where I got my chip) sells good steppings, if that's possible...