• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600+ not effected by vcore changing, sugestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

I found this odd, I can oc as high as [email protected], and without any voltage adjustments. Right now with stock vcore, I'm running [email protected] and Priming for 22hrs straight. Yet, with 2.2v and at [email protected], I get Prime errors :(

I haven't gotten a higher fsb stable yet, I've just been testing if this 200x8.5 is really stable at stock vcore ;)

Anyone have any suggestions to get it working at 1900? I don't get how it can run stable at 1875, but not at 1900 with all the extra voltage (if only these boards had the 9 multi :()

Thanks
Tipycol

Gnufsh

Maybe better cooling? 2,2v needs to be a lot cooler than 1.85 does. The Palomino chips can only go so far. I could only hit 1.81GHz stable with mine at 1.85v, and I was hitting the point of diminishing returns (and I had one of the best steppings). Tell us more about your chip (markings, cpuid data, etc) and your cooling, and we may be able to help a little.

OP
T

Tipycol

It's a 0213 Aroia Y (remember I must've read it 10 times trying to turn it into an Agoia ;)).

It's watercooled (Original White Water :D) at 34C at full load with Prime and vcore at about 1.75C (It's really set to 1.7 but this 8RDA+ adds around .3-.5v more). It get's to 42C with the vcore at 2.2V (or I guess it's really 2.25). Northbridge is also watercooled and southbridge has the northbridge heatsink on it. Case temps are about 28C.

What cpuid data do you need?

Tipycol

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
I can tell you this 2.2 volts isnt for mild water IMO and i would think there might be a few cpu's ou there that just want fo 2.2volts or 500mhz overclock much less both and to put it that thats a pally core pretty good.

mongoled

Tis the brick wall these chips have,

Same for mine

Athlon XP1700+ Palomino
AX1700DMT3C
AGOIA0216RPKW
223x8.5
Max OvrClk 1913Mhz

Can do 1850mhz default volts, giving 2.1volts gets it nowhere!
Its just how these chips are unfortunately, if they scaled better they would have been amazing overclockers.