• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600 OC board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heezer7

Iam going to get a 1600 and a mobo in the next few days torun as a second system. What mobo should i get to get decent ocs? I have a 512 stick of samsung DDR to stick in there already but it is only 2100 so big FSB might not happen. do all boards have mult adjustments after you unlock the chip? i a have only a dual and have never done any of this. i have been looking at the Asus A7N266-VM NVIDIA nFORCE 220 becasue it has evcerything but i have been thinking and i do have a snd card and vid card so all i really would need onboard would be nic. any suggestions?

I'd say go with a KT333 or KT400 chipset for sure. After that it's all about features. For OCing the 8k3a and + (+ has RAID) are the best boards out there, I havn't heard much (havn't really listened either) about thier 8k5a2 and 8k9a boards but the 8k3a is tried and proven. also I think newegg had one refurbed for 78 bucks which is a sweet deal.

Back