• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

16k/16k stipes/clusters = cant install ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K1ll1nT1m3

I have 2 36g raptors raid0 on a Fasttrack s150 tx2. I setup an extra NTFS primary partition, after hidding the main one with PM7. I set it to be primary, NTFS, XP 3.1, with 16k clusters. I then installed a fresh XP home into that partition ( other one was hidden ). I ran some tests and got good results. Here are my problems...

I cant install my XP image ( made with Drive Image ) into an existing partition. It makes me restore the image in free space only. Anyone have some ideas on how to get around this? I dont really want to make a new Image.

I thought I would try a fresh install. No luck. I wiped the drive clean, created one NTFS 16k cluster partition with PM8 boot disks then started a fresh install. It gets to about 48% of copying files to the drive and I get a "Page fault in non paged area" error. I tried 2 cds, one with SP1 slipstreamed into it. I reset my BIOS settings to stock as well, still no luck. I checked for errors using the PM8 disks, no problems found.

I thought of making a extra partition ( fat32, with just i386 ) so I could install XP from the hdd. Wouldnt that create a system and boot partition then? Or will it stay in the NTFS?

Cheezboy

you did press f6 at the beginning and load up your raid drivers from a floppy before fresh install?