• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

172 watt pelt power oh ya

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fresh2000

Registered
any one using a 172 watt pelt. I just got one and now I just need to find a good power supply. What and where did you get it? I'm using it on my
dangerden 2-1. any hints or leads?

well pelts run at maximum efficiency @ 85% there max rated voltage, or thereabouts so if you had a 12v pelt you woult want 10.2v @ however many amperes requierd, any power supply will do as long as its dc and meets your current requirements

Do a Google search for 24 volt PSU. Depending on the load, you pelt will probably like something between 18 and 22 volts. Most 24 volt switching PSUs have a trimmer that will allow you to dial it down to 22 volts. MJPA often has 24 volt PSUs. Ham radio suppliers sell 28 volt PSUs that will work once you adjust the voltage. MFJ and Astron are the main 28 volt ham PSU manufacturers.

This is the one I use
Look for the PS-24-12.5. However this is not a cheap psu but it does have the advantage of being small and will fit inside of a case with ease, great for a self contained system.

Back