• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ or 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PiMpShiN

Im getting mixed feelings about which cpu is a better overclocker. sure that the 1700+ is known as the "miracle" processor but ive been hearing alot about the 1800+ being better from my friend and just now someone saying that the weeks 0332-0335 are the ultimate chip.

can i get some evidence or some information concerning this topic?

well , you better get one from where I said in the other post cuz they are gonna sell out REAL soon !! 0330-0335 are the best ones - seriously you;ll get 2500 mhz at 1.85 with good air

i just want some hard evidence, but that cpu database isnt working as usual. plus excalibur pc isnt even loading now. i think they are having too much trafic.

ok well i know stinknbreff is very knowledgable on the subject and my friend told me go for the 1800+ but the site doesnt work at all. thats is extremely annoying.

I have one of the 1800s from excaliberpc from like 2 weeks ago, it wont break 2.6 on any setting and i'm on water that keeps it at ~32c. It works stable at 225x11 at 1.95 and that's about the best it can get.

thanks man i seriously appreciate you giving me the results. so now i dont know why stinknbreff says they oc better than the 1700+. i mean they do very good from what ive seen though. you getting yours that high is extremely impressive though.

Date Ordered: Wednesday 31 December, 2003

Products
------------------------------------------------------
2 x AMD Athlon XP1700+ 1.47GHZ 384K 266 Tbred B (TRAY) (JIUHB:0302) ()
= $121.00
2nd Day Air Upgrade 0
Global 2
Fixed 5
2 x AMD Athlon XP1800+1.53GHZ 266 Tbred (Tray)(DLT3C:JIUHB:0311MPMW) ()
= $130.00
2nd Day Air Upgrade 0
Fixed 5
Free Rider Full
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $251.00
Tax: $0.00
UPS Ground: $8.07
Total: $255.07

:D :D :D :D

thats awesome but still the site doesnt work. i was gonna order mine last night but i wanted to know which was a better overclocker. the 1700+ or the 1800+. all day i havent been able to get the the site because its down.

well i guess i didnt read your reply in time. i still cant get in.

i think it may be best to wait, my dad has a HP computer that has a 1800+ processor in it and im gonna check it out on fri. it might be a good one.

Well, a good rule to go by is to get the newest processor you can find. So, a new 1800+ will probably do better. Go for the Thoroughbred "B" DLT3C chip with the newest production date on it for the best chance of a good overclock. My 1800+ processor: AMD XP 1800+ JIXIB DLT3C 0332 @ 211 X 12.5, 1.95V average Vcore, Water cooled. 24 hour Prime95, 3DMark, and memtest86 stable.

EDIT: I cannot get into eXcaliburpc.com either - looks like their site is down.

EDIT EDIT: I tried again and got in - click HERE.

eXcalibur's 1700+ processors (they are sold out of 1800+'s):

eXcalibur PC
Model # AXDA1700DUT3C
(please pay attention to the exact stepping code, we will not be reponsible if you misunderstood it as DLT3C one)

Are *not* DLT3C's - they are DUT3C's.

man i had the chance to get the cpu lastnight, i had the money and everything but then i thought let me create a thread so i can tell which one to get. so today all day i havent been able to access the site do to all the trafic and now they're sold out for the cpu. sucks:(

but i still dont know which one would be a better overclocker between them. my friend has a 1800+ niuhb dlt3c and he only got it to oc to about 2.2ghz. his memory is probably holding him back but even with good ones he probably wouldnt get much higher.

Thanks Joe Camel, i dont know how to say this but i really appreciate what you're offering me. but for now im gonna wait a little bit. Once you get them i would like to hear how well your overclock goes and then i may take you up on that offer. Thanks Man:)

Joe from what i can see from your sig you're a pretty good overclocker. im impressed with your 2600+ overclock. do you have any tips for me to get my 2500+ over 2.5? I think my 2100+ can do it but i only have one NF7-S so i cant see whats the best it can do.

Back