• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AkuraII

I have the cpu listed in my sig and i got a quick question. With the setup i have in the sig and only a SilentBoostA1889 and the 2 fans on the case what can i oc to safely u think for now? And do i have to do anything to a fresh rig before OCing, like burnin in or something like that?

Also my case(X-DReamer) came with a part i didnt know how to use. Its small with a circualr head and a + sign atop and a little hole in the top with metal in it, then it has a + and - wire going down like 1 inch leading to a small 4pin(fmale) connector. Thanks for any help.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
You will be safe OC'ing as long as you check for stability after you raise your overclock. If you stress test and are unstable, then you need to back off. As long as you have a stable overclock, then you have a safe overclock. :)

If you got a picture of what you are describing you can attach it through the "post reply" button under your post.

OP
AkuraII

AkuraII

best i can do lol my camera is dead recharging it.

Attachments

• thingy.jpg
    thingy.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 71

JimmyFox

Your CPU has a great overclocking potential! I own a JIUHB DUT3C [email protected] Mind that my mainboard is surely not the best for o/c. I actually saw a DLT3C CPU on an Abit NF-S v2.0 running at 2470MHz (10x147). I 've also read about users who have exceeded 2.5GHz.

Ducker

You'r correct about that Jimmy, for that 1800+ there are lots of folks getting very good oc's. I have a 1800+ DLT3C JIUHB running at 2.530 (220x11.5) on an NF7-S rev 2.0. I liked that chip so much, that I bought 3 more of them from excaliber. They have that chip and stepping, 1800+ DLT3C JIUHB:0311MPMW, guaranteed for $65. Since there not even makeing them anymore, I wanted to have a few exteras. They are great chips and fantastic overclockers!!!

OP
AkuraII

AkuraII

i still have no idea what that thing is lol its not a screw is has 4 pin connector at the end help lol

OP
AkuraII

AkuraII

also what do i set the apeture size to of the agp? i have a 128 mb card. And does the memory timing adjust with my clock/multi or do i do it seperatly? Can i run 1:1 with khx3500/dual 2x256?

DaddyB

AGP aperature is how much of your system RAM is allowed to be used by the AGP, if you have 512MB you can set it to 512MB (it doesn't reserve the RAM, other stuff can still use it). Most people say to use half the amount of your system RAM (so if you have 512MB set it to 256MB), some will tell you to set it to the amount of RAM that is on your card...neither of those is really 'correct'. You can set it to whatever you want, it has little effect on performance but best results are usually seen by setting it to between 32-256MB. Some people experience problems at some settings so if you do try to raise or lower it. With 128MB of RAM on your card it won't use the AGP aperature much anyways.

Memory timings must be set manually (as in CAS latency etc...), the faster you run your RAM the less likely it will be stable with fast timings so you may be able to run it at CAS 2 at 210MHz but to get to 220MHz you might need to drop the CAS to 2.5.

You can run your RAM at 1:1, meaning it will run in sync with your FSB but if your FSB is 133/266 then that is the speed at which your RAM will run. In that case you will want to raise your FSB to 200+ to run your RAM at full speed but that will OC the CPU quite a bit, you may need to drop the multiplier down to run at that FSB. The other option is to run your RAM at a higher speed then your FSB (if your motherboard supports it) to get it to run at full speed without overclocking the CPU (or at least not overclocking it as much).

blkgti

Ducker said:
You'r correct about that Jimmy, for that 1800+ there are lots of folks getting very good oc's. I have a 1800+ DLT3C JIUHB running at 2.530 (220x11.5) on an NF7-S rev 2.0. I liked that chip so much, that I bought 3 more of them from excaliber. They have that chip and stepping, 1800+ DLT3C JIUHB:0311MPMW, guaranteed for $65. Since there not even makeing them anymore, I wanted to have a few exteras. They are great chips and fantastic overclockers!!!

I have an Excaliber 1800, too. Mine can run at 220x11.5 (Prime-stable) at 1.95V. What Vcore are you running?

OP
AkuraII

AkuraII

Thanks for all the help guys im new if u cant tell, Mines at 1.5v at 2005mhz prime stable at 35C. I tried 2.2 on 1.5v lol but no boot. That was by raising the multy to 11 do i need more voltage if i raise the fsb intead of the multy? So would a 128mb apeture be a safe bet for my card?

THunDA

128mb should be fine.. I have mine set to 64.. Ive tested with different ones and didnt see any improvement with any of em.