• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800xp @ 2000xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

**CoOlEr**

Registered
the sad thing people are buying these 2000xp chips when the 1800xp plus can easly hit the speeds that a 2000xp does. why waste the money..
:mad: :argue: :eh?: :cool: :p :eek:

AZN

AznSniper
y buy a xp1800 when a xp1600 can do xp2200 speeds on air and do xp2400 speeds on water ;)

AZN

SafirXP

AZN, what kind of cooling are you using for your AMD system? I'm waiting for my new board & Volcano7+ to arrive. Then I'll do some overclocking! Your 196MHz overclock is impressive!

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
I've got two XP1600's AROIA that do 1800 MHz @ default voltage (XP2200 speed.) (purchased from Newegg about 4 months ago.)

I have six XP1600's AGOIA that ALL do 1733MHz @ default voltage (XP2100 speed.) (all of these were purchased from Newegg in the past 3 months.)

I have two XP1800's AGOIA, one will do 1733MHz @ default voltage (XP2000), the other only does 1667MHz @ default voltage (XP2100.) (These were purchased from Newegg about 6 months ago.)

maxima88

The XP1600+ is the best cpu to buy nowaday as long as you get an AGOIA or AROIA. They will o/c upto 2GHz on H20.

AZN

AznSniper
[XPerienceD] said:
AZN, what kind of cooling are you using for your AMD system? I'm waiting for me new board & Volcano7+ to arrive. Then I'll do some overclocking! Your 196MHz overclock is impressive!
196mhz OC for this xp1600 isnt impressive... i was aimming for 400mhz OC. whats holding me back is my crappy pc2100 ram. I will get some corsair PC3500 later so for now this is all i can do. unlocking the chip wont do me any good cuzz this dumb bios has no multiplyer settings. the old bios version does, and thats what im looking for. I just been lazy so i havent looked for awhile. If i can get the multiplyer settings i would bump up the multiplyer since my ram sucks to get a much better OC. this chip is at stock voltage and isnt even breaking a sweat. its like 38c idle and 44c load V7+ HSF. I gotta update my sig cuzz im using the volcano on my AMD not my intel. so when i get the new ram i should be at a much higher speed ;)

AZN

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
cmcquistion said:
Every chip is different. What stepping do you have?

That is an extremely good point.

XP1600 agoia/aroia chips almost always do well, but occasionally someone gets one that does not:(

There are other steppings that are usually not great and yet someone will get one that ROCKS!

Stepping is the best indicator we have, but the only guarantee is that a chip will perform at its RATED speed.

I have a few chips that I would LOVE to get almost 200mhz out of, but its not going to happen.

I was fortunate enough to get one of the $55 ones that do 2Ghz though:D

Rcttexas

What are y'alls temps? My 1800+ (@150fsb) runs about 42c idle, 47c load. I am on air. I want to push it alittle more but worried ill fry it. I too am at stock voltage.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
47c is about as far as I would push it: too much heat will shorten the life of the chip, create stability issues and as the FSB goes up it the chips seem to get even more susceptible to temps.

I can't get anything stable over 47c or so.

I use high performance air on most of mine (LOUD!) but my XP1600 is water cooled.

I shoot for load temps around 42/44c- keeps me stable yet fast at FSBs above 166mhz.

OP
C

**CoOlEr**

Registered
i am worried now, because my 1800 mp runs @45 idle o/c to 1660 at deafault vol, and Volcano7 cooler, and ***** load of fans.