• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19" crt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fiji

ok im looking for a good 19" crt it needs to be quality, .25 dp or lower and just overall cool

and im on a budget so the cheapest without sacrificing performance im there

thanks alot

ive been thinking about viewsonic

Samsung SyncMaster 957MB. .2 pitch, all I gotta say. Check out www.PcWorld.com , check their 19", 957MB scored best. I've had it for two months, best monitor i've ever had, and i've had a lot

I have the NEC FE991SB.

It is a nice NICE monitor...but it has its downsides.

It seems like anything above 1280x1024 resolution can tend to be hard to see. And reading text is a little blurry. I can see the text fine though. On white backgrounds the text you can see black shadowing all the way horizontally where the text is. And those are the only downsides.

So if you do a lot of video work, graphics animation, and video gaming (like me) you will LOVE this monitor. LOVE IT. (the graphics are still sweet no matter the resolution...it goes up to 1762 or something which is higher than most...most go to 1600x1200 only).

Stay away from this monitor if you will be doing homework, or a lot of writing. Buy it if you love videogames :)

I have a 19" Fujitsu-Seimens SCALEO C994 and a 19" Sony Trinitron CPD-E230. You would think that the Sony would be of higher quality due to the fact that the fujitsu is just one that is rebranded by other companies, but that is not the case...
After using my computer with the Sony monitor, my eyes tend to hurt quite badly as the screen has a very slight flickering. Whereas the Fujitsu does not, and it is also brighter and has better colours than the sony. I'm a big fan of sony products, which is why this surprised me.

Hookem said:
http://www.tomshardware.com/display/20020319/index.html This is a great comparison of 19" CRT's...It is one year old, but not much has changed in the CRT world...Gives you some good information on shadow mask versus aperature grill monitors...I personally recommend the ViewSonic P95's for a nice aperature grill 19" CRT, that is a great "bang for the buck" monitor IMHO...:)

i remember reading a article a few years back on shadow masking and aperature grill and the diff. between the too

its interesting how they work

As far as picture goes the Mitsubishi 920 or 930 easily has the best picture to my eyes...24.dot across the entire screen...The Sony CDP G420S is a killer monitor also...Not as good a picture but better specs, dual inputs, cant go wrong with Sony...Nevandal is also giving you some good information recommending the NEC's...Excellent monitors using the DiamondTron tubes just like the big boy from Mitsubishi...They definately are worth looking into...:)

I would recommend a Samsung as well, my older 900IFT hasn't had any major problems in 3 years, and the picture quality is still excellent. If you can find a 900NF or a 957MB cheaply, it would be a nice choice.

I had some problems with NEC monitors. My three 17" FE700's seemed to be somewhat flaky, and the image quality on each differed greatly. One monitor was almost perfect, another was average, and the third was borderline awful. However, I have heard of some problems with that particular model, and I don't think the quality problems extended throughout the entire line.

Back