• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

198 GPH or 264 GPH pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roger24

Should I get a Maxijet MJ 750 (670 L/h, 198 GPH) or MJ 1000 (1000 L/h, 264 GPH). I think I read somewhere that you shouldn't have too high flow trough your system. Is this correct?

Yodums

250gph...

300gph is average the rest higher are meant to keep up with higher products or maybe running through many cooling devices.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
I think OPTIMUM pump rate is 300-350 GPH. Consider that you don't REALLY get the GPH that the pum is rated at, usually @ 1/2 with lift, etc. Get the bigger one.

ButcherUK

Optimum depends on the system in question, there are too many variables to say which is better without either testing both or a detailed analysis of the actual system. I'd say get the larger - you can always throttle it back.

OP
R

Roger24

Good thing you warned me, I would have got the Maxijet 750 otherwise. There's only a $3 difference between those pumps, so price doesn't mater in this case.
Now I need to find out the outer dimensions, so I can know if it will fit within a 5cm wide resevoir or not.

AudiMan

Would a 200 gp/h pump be sufficient for just the CPU and the northbridge on a KT266a or KT333 based system using an Athlon XP and a 154 watt pelt?

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
200gph will probably be fine. i had a 150 in my system for a while and it did ok it will give you a decent temp you could get a lower temp at a higher gph with the right setup personaly ive got a 500gph in mine