• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1gig tb need advice on oc and setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EDM17

I have just built a new computer and i want to over clock it as much as possible and was wondering what is the best way to go about this. The fsb increase or the multiplier. And was wondering how i should set the bios on my board to get the most out of my hardware. Here is what i have
-Enlight mid atx case (with 2 fans)
-300 watt sparkle power supply(amd aproved)
-1 gig tb with l1 bridges closed
-globalwin fop32-1 cpu fan
-abit kt7 raid md
-kingmax 256 pc 150 ram
-generic 256 pc 133 ram (supposedly tested for this board but will be removing it before i try to increase performance and putting back in after system is stable)
-2 ibm 30gb ultra 100ata hard drives
-sound blaster live
-Winfast Geforce2 gts 32mb with tv out(has a huge heat sink on the card)
Kingston 10/100 network card
Mitsumi cd rom and floppy

I seem to experience lock up problems when i turn on the 4xagp and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I also have the latest bios for the mb and all my drivers are the latest version. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Date: Jan 10, 2001 on 10:46 a.m.

I have the same m/b and a v/c. I had the same problem until I changed the memory to pc133 that the store used. I also had to use the 6.49 drivers for v/c. Also check bios do not enable video ram cacheable. I wish I new if it was the memory change or the drivers? Try name brand memory?

I am using name brad memory. Have you tried the 7.17 driver that is waht im using. WIll i have to use the older drivers?

Back