• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1MB pci card running on a 1.1GHZ system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
I would hold off on buying a video card until the fall refresh if you can at all handle it... GF3's should be very reasonable by then.

SickBoy

OP
cookedcomp

cookedcomp

no sence in buying a geforce 3 ! there the same damn speed !!!! i saw a geforce 3 with only 4ns ram!!!thats the same as an ultra, now thats what i call a pointless wast of money :)

supergenius74

Buy a Hercules 3Dprophet PRO. its less than 300 bucks and can run ultra speeds w/o major modification. I have mine running with all stock cooling at 250 core 470 mem

Fig

cookedcomp (May 07, 2001 06:28 a.m.):
no sence in buying a geforce 3 ! there the same damn speed !!!! i saw a geforce 3 with only 4ns ram!!!thats the same as an ultra, now thats what i call a pointless wast of money :)

Umm.. There is the MINOR issue of the fact that the GPU is a far more advanced unit. But I see where you are coming from, a Celeron 800 is just as fast as an Athlon 800 as long as the memory is the same speed. NOT! :)

coaiti

Registered
get a gf 3 in the fall or a kyro II now. cheap[150 for between gf 2 pro and gf2 ultra performance], perform really well. specs may seem low but check out benchmarks. No performance drop between 16bit and 32bit....no card can beat that. only problem is no hardware T&L....that will come in kyro III....
the preview with beta drivers is at:

BlueScreenOfDeath

Registered
I just built my new system and put in an Elsa Gladiac Ultra. Ahh man that is one nice card.
I'm getting 3912 in 3DMark2001 with the Detonator 10.80s on a 1.2GHz Athlon. And the best part is it's only $250 at www.newegg.com. That is a steal. I can give you more information if you need it. Elsa is a great company for GeForce's.

-Mark