• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st phone ever, how do i get a plan & sim card for an unlocked N900?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mas5acre

I never really needed a cell phone. But I love gadgets. I just got a $1000 bonus from work and plan on an N900 unlocked from newegg. I plan on getting T-Mobile as it supports 3g data plans from them only. But how do I go about getting service for this unlocked phone? I was reading somewhere on an old forum that cingular charges roaming fees for an unlocked phone. Is this true?

Most of the time sim card fits somewhere inside battery compartment, under batter.

T-mobile probably won't charge you any other roaming fees. They don't even charge for tethering.

You can just call t-mobile, tell them you have your own phone from a previous whatever, and would like to setup a new account. They will send you a new sim card, and once popped in, the unlocked phone will be ready for calls. For data, you might have to setup the server to which the phone connects, but that is simple as well. I did this on my friends iPHone. Initially unlocked the phone, popped in sim card from t-mobile, setup data account in settings of phone and was ready to go. It worked on my razr and previous Nokia as well.

T-Mobile has a new set of plans just for people like you who bring their own phones. They call it the "everything plus" plans, starting with 500 minutes and ulimited texts/web for $60 a month and goes up to $80 for unlimited.

12.jpg

Enjoy your new phone

where are you located ?? i might be the odd ball for saying this but do you have any god cdma providers in the area ? sometimes you can get unlimited everything for 50.00 a month .. plus flashing and programming makes it fun too .. qpst/qxdm is awesome !!

Back