• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1x/2x/4x/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

I have the geforce2 mx 400 64mb

i bechmarked it and hit 2461

i have my card overclocked and everything else (hole system) as u can see below

when i go into the browser on madonion.com it says my agp is port is set to 1x is this true or does it give false readings
if it is true how do i change my AG port to 4x

thats just it i cant find it in the bois anywhere may i am just missing it

will it have 1x /2x 4x plain as day in it

Mhypertext said:
thats just it i cant find it in the bois anywhere may i am just missing it

will it have 1x /2x 4x plain as day in it

Should. Hmmm . . . It might be under CHIP Configuration (if it has an Award BIOS, like my board) under the 2nd or 3rd menu.

In your bios, make sure that you try scrolling clear to the bottom. If your bios is like mine, some of your settings are hidden at the bottom of the page where you cant see them. I couldnt find some of my agp settings either, till one day I accidentally rolled the wheel on my mouse and a whole bunch more settings popped up. Give that a try, and if that doesnt work, sometimes in your video card settings in the advanced section of the display settings there is an option for agp 1x2xor4x in there if you have a good program for the video card.

no i just looked through my whole bios i cant find it any where and i know my board and card both support it

me -----> :argue: <-----My motherboard

it won't help anyway

Changing it won't help you anyway, i've tested every card that I have that has been able to run higher than agp 1x and no setting 1-4 or sidebanding or fastwrites makes much of difference. You will get more performance by overclocking and when you do that you will need agp 1x mode for stability.

Back