• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.0 C1 Stepping due to arrive tomorrow!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LarryJoe

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
Can't wait to get my hands on this. These were pre-tested to to 3.2ghz at 1.6 volts with air!.

I am hoping to run the ram at 500 (3X) - 20x166. Any comments or suggestions? I also plan on wrapping the first two pins. I have all four wrapped now, but I think the word is out to not run P4's above 1.75
 
OP
L

LarryJoe

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
I got it from a member of Anandtech. He bought 6 Dell P4 2.0 machines and when he took a look at the CPU's, he noticed they were the new C1 stepping. He put one in his main rig and fired it up at 3.2ghz with 1.6 volts. He sold all six cpu's separately already. He intended on buying older 2.0A's to replace the C1's and selling the Dells, so I traded him my current 2.0A +$25 for the C1. If I can hit 3.0 or above, it is well worth the investment.

Makes sense to me that the 2.8 can also do 3.2-ish, they are the same stepping, same yield, etc.

I'll keep you posted.
 

nodsetse

Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Location
San Diego, CA, USA
That's just the news I was looking for, as I was hoping they would OC just as well as the C1 Cele 2.0, which does 3GHz easily. I sure hope they show up at Newegg or similar soon! :)
 

trex

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2002
LarryJoe said:
Can't wait to get my hands on this. These were pre-tested to to 3.2ghz at 1.6 volts with air!.

I am hoping to run the ram at 500 (3X) - 20x166. Any comments or suggestions? I also plan on wrapping the first two pins. I have all four wrapped now, but I think the word is out to not run P4's above 1.75

pls keep inform how u go with the oc
 
OP
L

LarryJoe

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
Oh yes, I will. Haven't had much to post here in a while (guess that is a good thing, i.e. stable). Looking forward to adding some value to these fine forums.

My fingers are crossed I get it today, but if not, definitely tomorrow. I don't have a tracking number:( I will most likely just pull my 2.0A and let it boot to where I have it set now (currently at 2.5). Then I will go straight to 3.0ghz, 3X RAM, 1.6 volts. Get Prime going and go to bed. If all is fine in the morning, then I will go to 3.2, get Prime going and head off to work. I'll post as much as I can, but the detail posts will come over this weekend.

The 2.0 C1 seems to be a better option for the i850 and me. My PC800 can barely do 500. So 20x166 at 3X/500 is ideal.

Of course this is all wishful thinking at this point!
 

trikotret

Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Location
Bay Area, California
Hey All,
I'm an AMD person but thinking of switching to tell. What does C1 stepping mean??? If I need to get an Intel chip which would you recommend. I'm considering the 2.6.

Thanks
Mike
 

Johnny Mo

Registered
Joined
Apr 20, 2002
Location
Phoenix, AZ
LarryJoe said:
Oh yes, I will. Haven't had much to post here in a while (guess that is a good thing, i.e. stable). Looking forward to adding some value to these fine forums.

My fingers are crossed I get it today, but if not, definitely tomorrow. I don't have a tracking number:( I will most likely just pull my 2.0A and let it boot to where I have it set now (currently at 2.5). Then I will go straight to 3.0ghz, 3X RAM, 1.6 volts. Get Prime going and go to bed. If all is fine in the morning, then I will go to 3.2, get Prime going and head off to work. I'll post as much as I can, but the detail posts will come over this weekend.

The 2.0 C1 seems to be a better option for the i850 and me. My PC800 can barely do 500. So 20x166 at 3X/500 is ideal.

Of course this is all wishful thinking at this point!

Well, what's the latest?>?????

Johnny Mo
 
OP
L

LarryJoe

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2002
The latest is that I just recieved it today (at work). He shipped a day later than I thought he would. Good timing though for the weekend. I'll fire it up tonight when I get home and post back the results in a new thread.
 

Gnerma

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2002
Location
Bakersfield, CA - USA
trikotret said:
I'm an AMD person but thinking of switching to tell. What does C1 stepping mean??? If I need to get an Intel chip which would you recommend. I'm considering the 2.6.

C1 stepping is a new revision of the exact same CPU. Its just a Northwood core CPU with a few bugs worked out, they usually overclock better since they are more refined. All CPUs 2.6 & greater are C1 stepping and C1 chips are starting to show up in lower speeds too.

As far as recommending a board, it really depends on what you want to spend.. do a little research or start a thread in the general intel motherboards forum to get some opinions.