• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.26 SL6ET anybody know anything about this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZN

AznSniper
I just got this from UPS 5 mins ago... anybody know anything about this prod code?

226.jpg

AZN

krag

Classifieds Moderator
DAs chip ist optical shrinkest svine hund!!!!

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
so what does that mean??? good, bad ok???

krag

Classifieds Moderator
AZN said:
so what does that mean??? good, bad ok???

It means good bro. JD could tell you better than me, but optically shrunk cores run cooler and oc better. Intel has ruduced the size of the cores on these chips.

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
so i got a winner??? i already have a 2.26 SL683 that im running now. I kinda wanted to sell this chip... I wonder if i should test it and sell my old SL683 or just keep the new chip sealed and sell that??? what would u guyz do? my SL683 can do 3ghz only if i can keep load temps in the low 40c but i dont have good enough cooling to do that. so im just taking it easy at 2.55ghz

If im going to sell the new SL6ET i will like to keep it sealed so i can get the most out of it.

BUT, the curiosity of OCing wants me to open it up and test the speeds :)

what do u guyz think???

AZN

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Keep it and sell the other one. It won't matter if the box is open or not to the buyer, that is if you sell it cause the 2.26's are dirt cheap now. If its a good oc'er it would suck way bad for you to sell it to someone else...bro you deserve a good chip. Didn't you come over from the AMD side a while ago? Yeah dude...you deserve a good oc. Fire it up so we can be jealous of you! :p

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
I was never AMD side or INTEL side... I dont take any side I like them both for their own reasons.
well my old 2.26 which btw is only 2 months old has been lapped and i put AS3 between the core and IHS. I did a dam good job too, I got 6 yrs experience in the body shop so sanding I can do ;)

I just wonder if the lapping will give more, less or no change in value.

If i will put my old SL683 that has been lapped in the classifieds what do u think i can get for it? Newegg is $192 right now... so u think $170 shipped is OK?

AZN

krag

Classifieds Moderator
jdmcnudgent said:
i got my pc3000 consair running at ddr 416.:p

Dang bro...I am jealouse!!! Nice!! How far will the pc3000 go??

OP
AZN

AZN

AznSniper
ok got the chip in it runs about 3c cooler and does 155FSB on stock volatge with the stock HSF. I bet with a decent fan it will hit 3ghz easy. it does 2.8ghz with stock hsf at 1.63v
I got mid 13k with 3dmark havent ran any other benchies. I used the CPUstability test v 6 to test stability. Im tired its been a long day and im hungry.

I didnt post pics cuzz its nothign new to see. we all seen a 2.8ghz on rd so no big deal. When i get a water setup i'll squeeze 3ghz or more and show benchies then ;)

AZN