• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4 BO 150 FSB at stock voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KerryrreK

I'm running my 2.4b at 2.5 (150 FSB) at actually lower than stock voltage (1.46) and it's very stable, is this bad for it? I know upping the voltage produces heat which can be bad, but does upping the FSB by itself have any adverse affects?

Kerry

FIZZ3

KerryrreK said:
I'm running my 2.4b at 2.5 (150 FSB) at actually lower than stock voltage (1.46) and it's very stable, is this bad for it? I know upping the voltage produces heat which can be bad, but does upping the FSB by itself have any adverse affects?

Kerry

18x150 = 2700, not 2500... Whenever you overclock you may damage the chip, high voltage and heat are causes of this, but the faster operation in itself may wear it out too AFAIK.

stroligo

Inactive Moderator
Short of it perhaps temporarily failing on you due to lack of voltage under stress, no.

OP
KerryrreK

KerryrreK

oops, you're right fizz, it's actually at 139 FSB, I dont know where I came up with 150, I used to have it at that though but not stock voltage. What about my Motherboard? I've read of people's caps exploding or failing or something, if I keep it OC'ed all the time could it cause some sort of MB failure?

Kerry

GraveLayer

Registered
Don't worry about it. Its a rare thing to have such a problem. I've ONLY OC'd every mobo / CPU I've ever had and have yet to wreck anything.....

FIZZ3

KerryrreK said:
oops, you're right fizz, it's actually at 139 FSB, I dont know where I came up with 150, I used to have it at that though but not stock voltage. What about my Motherboard? I've read of people's caps exploding or failing or something, if I keep it OC'ed all the time could it cause some sort of MB failure?

Kerry

Stroligo said it wouldn't cause any harm apart from heat/voltage, which does not seem to be relevant to your situation- so I think it's safe to assume you are allright sailing on his experience.

Dexx

KerryrreK said:
Could you post the SL6 code, pack date, and batch number?
Thanks