• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2,4 C1 Where????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therecka

I´ve read that newegg sells it but i want to know if someone got something else from Newegg.

I want to buy a 2,4 C1 but i would know if the chances are big to get a 2,4 C1 at Newegg

Anyone successfully ordered a 2.4 C1 from Atacom, and received your order??? The reviews at resellerratings.com are pretty scare :mad:

I got one this weekend ($197) from a computer fair in the L.A. area.
I went there because I wanted to visually see that it was a C1 for myself. Out of 10 booths with P4's that I checked, two had C1's.
Here's the phone # of the place I bought it from if you want to try--TCC Computers 626-642-1000. When I told them why I was looking at the codes, they were oblivious. I certainly can't vouch for their whole stock being C1, and personally I wouldn't trust a specific purchase like this over the phone. Not that they might not be honest, but just because of a possible language barrier and their lack of understanding of why it's a big deal.

I saw B0's that had packaging dates more recent than mine (10/7/02). My point on this, is that a retailers latest stock is not guaranteed to be C1.

I would absolutely trust PCNut if they say it is a C1. They are a great outfit. But their prices are kinda high.
I haven't heard anything good about atacom.

I placed my order this morning at ATAcom.
One P4 2,4 C1 for 210$
One Swiftech MCX4000 48$
3 Days /Three Business Days - $23.56 shipping
Total 281,56$

Some of you might think that it´s to much but i´m saving me
100$ by buying this in the States.

The P4 2,4 cost 278$ and the MCX4000 cost 75,5$ here in Sweden Total: 377$ w/shipping

I will let you all know what i recive

Last edited:
therecka,
kommer du att få betala tull eller nåt annat för importen?
"any taxes to be payed for the import in Sweden"

Item not available

To all concerned,

I placed a call to verify my order with Atacom.com. They do not have my order. Also, they do not have the 2.4 C1 as advertised.

TIMSTER

Re: Item not available

timster said:
To all concerned,

I placed a call to verify my order with Atacom.com. They do not have my order. Also, they do not have the 2.4 C1 as advertised.

TIMSTER

Didn´t they say if they are all sold out or if they never have had them in stock ????

welp i got my 2.4 c1 for atacom and it looks to be all i expected. first impressions:
much lower temp than my bo 2.4b, about 6-8 C less at full load at a given speed.

as for overclocking nothing is confirmed yet as i am reluctant to beat on it before it breaks in, but over 3 is without a question and no problem. it looks to be around a 3.4 ghz ceiling with 1.75 volts but more testing will be needed. all ive done is throw 3dmark at it because that was the hardest for my old cpu. im very pleased as you can imagine

chip specs:
2.4b retail
costa rica
pack date 09/26/02
week 33
SL6EF
FPO/BATCH # 3233A235
i think im going to burn in at 3100 since its conveiently around the top for my memory 460 ddr
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=5127398

edit: today it is completing 3dmark at 3.45 @1.75v of course my memory sucks at that speed cause i cant hold the 3:4 divider but hey the chip is a winner

Last edited:
Re: Re: Item not available

therecka said:

Didn´t they say if they are all sold out or if they never have had them in stock ????

The lady didn't seem to understand what I was speaking about but stated the item at the price I quoted is not in stock. I'll reorder via the internet. Shall see how it goes.

phantom punisher said:
welp i got my 2.4 c1 for atacom and it looks to be all i expected.

Interesting. They claimed they never recieved my order. Also, claimed to not have the C1. I'll reorder.

TIMSTER

Back