• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[email protected],,, What voltage would be safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

Im running at 1.58 now,normal is 1.525. Runs prime for 24 hours with no errors and @47c Load during prime.

Is this an ok voltage or should i put it to 1.60. or 1.68? or higher?

Thanks for any help, I dont want to fry it, i dont have a replacement.

Harry

ttfrog

Usually up to ~ 1.65-1.675 volts you are fine. Just avoid going 1.7 volts+ if you're worried about frying that chip of yours.

OP
harryinny3

harryinny3

Thanks,

Now, would the voltage im running at damage the proggy? Ive upped it 4 notches from normal. Its running stable. I guess what im asking is, If i have stability problems, usually upping the voltage a notch usually helps?

Harry

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Running at 1.6V is totally fine there. Like what said before running up to 1.65v is considered safe. Just making sure your temps don't read really high and you should be good.

There is always the chance to damage a chip with higher voltage but mostly they will last at 1.65v. As for stability problems usually upping the voltage helps also, better cooling, more voltage to the ram, and if possible sometimes increaseing AGP voltage will stabilize CPU flucuation which can cause stability problems.