• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c mo issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iD10t

ok i just got my new 2.4 mo and abit ai7 last night and the install went fine. But when i started to overclock the best stable oc i could get was 2.8 Ghz. However, i could get it to boot and benchmark up to 3.4+ Ghz with load temps being around 43c, but it would then lock up on me.
my first question is what could be the cause of the locking when the temps seem fine?

the real problem now is that windows won't boot at any speed and when i try to run the xp installer disc it says it can't detect a hard drive.

specs are:
2.4c mo stepping
abit ai7 board
512 meg buffalo pc3700 single channel
wd 160 gig hdd with promise tx100 pci controller card
antec treu430 ps
thermalright sp94 w/ 92mm tornado
radeon 9700pro
intel gigabit nic
voyetra tb santa cruz sound card.

on a side note, before i installed anything on the board i removed the nb heatsink, removed the stock thermal goop, and installed as3.

any help would be much appreciated, thnx.

OP
iD10t

iD10t

i was running 2.625 on the processor and 3.1 on the ram. using the 3:2 divider and the gat settings at auto, auto, auto, off, off.
i am now trying to get the hard drive going w/out the controller card and with the ram stick in bank 2

OP
iD10t

iD10t

hehe... my bad... 1.625... i thought that didn't look right.
too much dealing with ram voltages last night.

addition: whew, the hard drive was recognized by setup without the controller card. i hope that was the problem. :fingers crossed:

OP
iD10t

iD10t

it could be bad ram, but it was running on my bh7 at 217mhz with 2-2-2-5 timings.
thank you for the help so far. me needs to see if repairing my previous install works.

addition: on another side note, win xp setup takes forever to install compared to my other systems. any ideas to what causes that?

OP
iD10t

iD10t

yeah i was watching that thread and i hope that it works now that i am no longer running my hard drive from a pci card (even though i lose 20 gigs in the process :( )
btw, that is a nice oc you got goin there.

OP
iD10t

iD10t

aargghhh!!!:mad:
crashed while installing sp1!
have to reformat it again.