• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c on P4G8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

well, i think the review i read was fake, or my mem really sucks. i thought i would be able to run the chip at stock, but i can only run at 190fsb right now. the review used some corsair, but i am try corsair to see i can run stable on the board. i got a week 10 chip, and i will be testing on caterwood at nuttz' house tomorrow, to see if we can expell the week 10 myth.
2.4c.jpg

FIZZ3

Hey that's too bad JD. That PC3200 should run 200Mhz FSB no problem, right? How is the chipset and/or case cooling? Might run a little hot on these speeds.

larva

Inactive Moderator
I think it's safe to say that anything past 190fsb with granite bay is just luck. Good old i845x is a better chipset for the new 200fsb chips, even with the relative lack of memory bandwidth. Obviously the new Canterwood boards are integral to achieving optimal results with these new chips.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Gotta wonder about THG. A month or two ago they published a review of a 4GHz P4 using the P4G8X and they had to adapt a phase change cooler to the chipset. Now they tell everyone the GB boards can easily handle 200fsb :rolleyes:

hipro5

THG sucks as [H] sucks too.....Propably they have Modded the Mobo to go that high.....or......jd try to upper the VAGP as high as you can and try it.......

FIZZ3

TC said:
Gotta wonder about THG. A month or two ago they published a review of a 4GHz P4 using the P4G8X and they had to adapt a phase change cooler to the chipset. Now they tell everyone the GB boards can easily handle 200fsb :rolleyes:

Yeah that article came to my mind too. I thought it was dubious from the start, more so because it was so obviously written to "prove" how i865/i875 brings nothing extra.

JD's experience is an indication the article is indeed misleading. I think they and other hardware sites have pulled such stuff in the past more often than not as well. They are always keen to show off huge overclocks, mentioning the cooling solution in two words, and keeping the handpicking/review sample choice silent.
In short, always take your tablespoon of salt with you.

AZN

AznSniper
looks like its offical. ABIT has issues over 275fsb :)

AZN thinks he should order one now

Last edited:

Rasputin'sLiver

counselor of clock
JD! i hope i get a week 10 after seeing your benchies!

however, now i'm hoping to just get anything. mole apparently didn't ship to me today, because i didnt receive an email or tracking number. i'm beginning to get paranoid that they in fact are out of stock or have to be badgered to ship fast.

Rasputin'sLiver

counselor of clock
AZN said:

mole is out of stock, thanks alot JD :D

they might get more monday but we'll see

out of stock of the asus or the 2.4c? :rolleyes: i hope not the 2.4c because i ordered one thursday night cuz they claimed they were in stock, but i havent received a tracking number....:eek:

did you call them?