• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Ive seen peoples benchmarks for their p4 2.4b o/c, and they dont seem to be much different from those that o/c their 2.4c (of course the memory is a bit better), but do you think its worth the extra money? I can get the 2.4b for $239 CDN, while the 2.4c is $305 CDN. Is it really worth the extra $65? The 2.53b is $289, would that be better and cheaper for the money?

Oh, and a side question... about ram. Im gonna get a Abit IC7 and was wondering if OCZs were any good. I want to get 2x 256 pc3500. Also, the OCZ come in enhanced and non enhanced mode.. is the enhanced worth the extra $?

I want to o/c as high as she will go.

Ec]-[oMaN

ViolaDude said:
Ive seen peoples benchmarks for their p4 2.4b o/c, and they dont seem to be much different from those that o/c their 2.4c (of course the memory is a bit better), but do you think its worth the extra money? I can get the 2.4b for $239 CDN, while the 2.4c is $305 CDN. Is it really worth the extra $65? The 2.53b is $289, would that be better and cheaper for the money?

Oh, and a side question... about ram. Im gonna get a Abit IC7 and was wondering if OCZs were any good. I want to get 2x 256 pc3500. Also, the OCZ come in enhanced and non enhanced mode.. is the enhanced worth the extra $?

yeah get the 2.4c,why would you want canterwood without a ht and 800fsb cpu then????

parallax

yeah. i´d pay $40 more for HT and a good oc'able cpu (because all 2.4c are good overclockers right now)

Rasputin'sLiver

counselor of clock
ViolaDude said:

maybe you haven't been following NUTS who's memory bandwidth is NUTS. NUTS is using the same ram i have -twinMOS 3700 2x256- but i don't have a "c" chip yet which is making me NUTS or making me want to be NUTS or .... nevermind. :(

micamica1217

right now I'm looking at the final results of real world benchmarks.

yes it is worth it to get the 2.4c....yet I'll wait.

in 6 months faster memory will be around for less then today.

then, the early prescots may be out.

thats when you'll hate to not have 800fsb and realy fast mem...
the 2.4b is not that bad against the 2.4c....yet it can be held back a little from the lack of 1/1 ratio.

I say get the 2.4c and the fastest mem you can...you'll need it.

good luck

mica

texasfit

The only reason to get a canterwood board is to have the dual channel with 800fsb. So the 2.4C is right for it.

I have tested Corsair TwinX3200LL, Kingston HyperX-3500 and have settled in with the TwinMos PC3700 (all these were good). I bought some OCZ and could not even get it to run advertised specs but many ppl like it especially on AMD boards. Not so many on Intel boards. These were all tested on my P4C800, except the OCZ.

IMHO ;)

Wired_Monk

Registered
The 2.4C will overclock higher than the 2.4B on a canterwood board. You should get 3.3 Ghz on a 2.4C, but you may not even make it to 3Ghz on the 2.4B. In a few weeks the price difference between the two chips should be closer to $30 Canadian.

Its a no brainer, get the 2.4C in a few weeks.