• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.6c SL6WS - Any good chance of hitting 300+ FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey guys,
According to what I see
that's the best CPU I can get here (Israel).
I wonder is it any good? I mean I'm planning a 300fsb rig, and I don't want the cpu to limit me.
Is that a smart move?
(Yea I'm an Intel noob!)

Suma.

I sure hope you get to 300fsb but I have not seen any 2.6c's get that high. Way better chance with a 2.4c.

Good luck.

musk

Yea 2.4C have much better chance at hitting 300FSB. Havn't seen many highly clocked 2.6C's either so don't know. Then again 3.9gig would be great hehe.

I've heard of a couple 2.6C hitting 300 FSB with phase change cooling (prommies), not much chance of doing that on air with the 2.6C, sorry.

Well, I haven't bought a cpu yet.
Hmm.. I see you all states the same position of the 2.4c.
I think that leaves me no choice, I'll buy a SL6Z3 m0 from www.azzo.com

Thanks you guys,
Suma.

I have gone thru 2 SL6WS. Neither could go above 3.2ghz @ 1.65V. So good luck to you... Cause you might get lucky.

A 300 fsb without phase change is virtually impossible, unless u get the best 2.6c in the history of the universe. the new 2.6c cpu's track closely to the new 2.4c's in overclockability(3.5-3.6). that equates to around a 270 fsb. If u want to go high fsb get a 2.4c sl6z3. guys like batboy are getting a 300 fsb...

I had a 2.6C, week 21, from Philippines I think, that did 3.9Ghz at 1.65V with a Prommy. But my NB on my IC7-G was holding me back.
Like the others already said, reaching 3.9Ghz with a 2.6C will be impossible on air, even WC, or you must be very,very lucky.

Jupiler said:
I had a 2.6C, week 21, from Philippines I think, that did 3.9Ghz at 1.65V with a Prommy. But my NB on my IC7-G was holding me back.
Like the others already said, reaching 3.9Ghz with a 2.6C will be impossible on air, even WC, or you must be very,very lucky.

What was wrong with your NB? Put a MCW50 on it....;)

Back