• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 broken boards Any Ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not sure that will help with M_Ms problems Doc. I think he broked something from the sounds of it.
For your gizmo, the chip needs to be removable doesn't it?

Yes, it does have to be removeable BUT within the listing for the programmer he also has an accessory for soldered-in chips too.
Either way I'm happy I got it.

What do you mean you "messed up" the power pin on the CPU?
The LET should just peel off. It can be a bit of a pain if it was thin in some places. The eraser will come off if it leaves stuff behind use a ball of eraser to "pull" the residue off this will work for bits of LET as well. Now you "can" put the board in a dishwasher but I wouldn't recommend that since you'll lose all the stickers and ASUS probably won't honour the RMA without them. As for the grease use a hairdryer and just clean as much as possible with a cloth any extra that comes out. After that I'd wipe it down with alcohol just to freshen it up a bit.

I had the same problem a couple of months back where the board was killing CPU's and the 1 CPU was killing boards. Dolk told me IIRC that the FX 8350 that was BAD, had a BAD power pin. This would cause it to short out the VRM, killing what ever board it was put in. This would also kill any other CPU placed in that board because of the BAD VRM.

Weird, I've heard of those board killers before. Glad I've never gotten one.

What programmer do you have McCoy?

The one that's linked in Mr. Scott's post.
You'll have to scroll down into the listing to see what all accessories he has for it and he does have some different ones for various hardware configs.

The one that's linked in Mr. Scott's post.
You'll have to scroll down into the listing to see what all accessories he has for it and he does have some different ones for various hardware configs.
Opps missed that one, thanks! :thup:

Back