• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 games that should be remade...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
there might be more but i think that The Dig and SW: Dark Forces..

I also think The Dig could be made into a good movie...

Last edited:

jediobi1

if i had to choose i would choose starwar xwing vs tie fighter and starwars xwing alliance or atleast a sequal to xwing alliance to find out what happend to the uncle

OP
Evilsizer

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
Dark Forces not sure. But definitely the Dig, classic game there :D
well when i was younger i never did get to play it... imagine my shock to find it on Steam for $4.99, worth every penny. use the new unreal engine for the water effects alone for The Dig. would even be pretty cool to turn the dig into a First person puzzle game.

if i had to choose i would choose starwar xwing vs tie fighter and starwars xwing alliance or atleast a sequal to xwing alliance to find out what happend to the uncle
good ones too! only other one i can really think of is Full Throttle..

I mean could you imagine these games with todays' graphics?

lordkosc

imagine a star wars game, in the EVE environment with that level of graphics

:O

jaymz9350

my first choice would be Xwing, I loved that game and put many hours on my 486 with it.

TheGreySpectre

There are a number of games that I would pay to have remade with new graphics but no altered gameplay.

Fallout, Fallout 2, Planescape torment, Half life (which might if Black Mesa Source ever comes out), Halo, Doom 2, Tie Fighter

Hardin

I would like to see another xwing game. They had gold there. Games like Eve Online and X3 show that there is still a market for these space combat games even if it isn't as big as it once was. I'd also like to see a remake of those older Bioware/Black Isle games. I just can't get into them now, and I don't want to use a walktrhough even though I get stuck in an area so I just quit.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
I'd like to see the N64 version of NBA Hangtime come out for one of the recent consoles, such as the Xbox 360, with online versus play. Updated graphics would be fine, for example if people could use their xbox avatars as their characters or play with real NBA characters, that would be a great enhancement and I think it would be a fun XBL game. I still enjoy this game on N64, I would buy it again if it were available for XBL and it was done well.

Codeman05

I'd love to see System Shock remade with a current GFX engine...SS2 as well for that matter. System Shock is now 14-15 years old...and I still break it out from time to time.

Also wouldn't mind seeing the original Wing Commanders updated.

sandyduff

Great Scot! Member
Resident evil 2.... William Birkin would be scary as hell in up to date graphics!!

+1 for Half Life... i reckon Black Mesa source will be released soon.... im reeeally looking forward to it!!

doz

Tie Fighter. Not X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter, just Tie Fighter (was around before XvsTie).

Dont know if anyone remembers it, but I honestly think it was by far one of the best games created in the 90's. It took 6 floppy disks to install. Man, I loved that game. It was basically a flight sim, with TONS of missions to complete.

Used to use a joystick to play it. My god that wouuld be a great game in multiplayer.

jaymz9350

Tie Fighter. Not X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter, just Tie Fighter (was around before XvsTie).

Dont know if anyone remembers it, but I honestly think it was by far one of the best games created in the 90's. It took 6 floppy disks to install. Man, I loved that game. It was basically a flight sim, with TONS of missions to complete.

Used to use a joystick to play it. My god that wouuld be a great game in multiplayer.

I can't remember if I ever played tie fighter or not but sounds similar to xwing. I would love to see a co-op multiplayer in xwing as well.

shard

Yeah, I would definitely agree with posters here. All 3 of the legendary Lucasarts games, X-wing, Tie-fighter, and X-wing vs Tie-fighter. All of those would rock. Hell, X-wing alliance remake would rock also :D

jediobi1

Yeah, I would definitely agree with posters here. All 3 of the legendary Lucasarts games, X-wing, Tie-fighter, and X-wing vs Tie-fighter. All of those would rock. Hell, X-wing alliance remake would rock also :D

i was at one point trying to learn C# to try and make a xwing vs tie fighter multiplayer game in xna game studio but gave up cause i couldnt find any models that would work or any examples for a space sim game even though it would be possible

OP
Evilsizer

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
has no one gotten the Hi-Res texture pack for SS2? looks much better then it did... though on a new engine all together would be nice... To bad the SS series cant be done by the original team(they did BioShock btw). Has to do with another company owning the rights to SS.