• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 sticks of DDR in a BD7II... no dice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

i have a stick of mushkin pc3000 256mb and a stick of crucial pc2100 256mb.

i put them in the first two slots and the computer will not boot correctly. it gives me a loud constant tone error.

i tried putting the memory in all different configurations...

btw i did clear the bios so the overclock i have in my sig is not a factor.

it boots up with either single stick in dimm1 slot.

need the extra ram for UT2k3... takes forever to load rounds.

any help is greatly appreciated.

oh. one thing. i'm using mr natural's bios... not sure which one.

Your mixing two different kinds of memory and I don't think you can do that. That's why you don't have problems with just a single stick. Buy another stick of the same Mushkin or Crucial and you should be fine. Good luck, Kent :)

Kent said:
Your mixing two different kinds of memory and I don't think you can do that. That's why you don't have problems with just a single stick. Buy another stick of the same Mushkin or Crucial and you should be fine. Good luck, Kent :)
i wouldn't think the speed ratings would have anything to do with compatibility. :(

if they are running the same speed they should be indistinguishable to the computer.

btw the pc2100 stick is capable of 196mhz the pc3000 stick can go to 210mhz

i'm moving to Rdram asap so i'm not buying any more ddr. trying to make due with these two excellent sticks for now.

hopefully i'll get some real help later today. :rolleyes:

You're right, brands and speed rating shouldn't matter. However, sometimes other things do, such as when one stick is single sided and the other is double sided. Is this the case with your memory?

Back