• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2003 week last unlocked Barton was manufactured

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is this 2600+ locked?

i might make a buy on this chip, what do you think? locked? is it t-bred or barton?

AXDA2600DKV3D Y827325240170
AIUHB 0311MPMW 1999AMD

Please help!

Thnks!

@tomX

What about both of these?

Sorry, me again, what about these two 2500+?

Number 1:
AXDA2500KV4D 2379287L30702
AQYHA 0350TPMW

Number 2:
AXDA2500DKV4D 9576498280442
AQUCA 03208UPCW

Thnks a lot!

AtomX

(plug)
http://www.emboss.co.nz/products.php?pid=5
http://www.emboss.co.nz/amdunlock/
(/plug)

:)

AIUHB...: "High end" TBred B (the "3" in the first line indicates 256kb cache and subtype indicated by the stepping), unlocked (week 11 of 2003)
AQYHA...: Barton (by the "4" in the first line), locked (week 50 of 2003)
AQUCA...: Barton (by the "4" in the first line), probably unlocked, but it's not a properly formatted second line as there should only be 4 digits, not 5 (03208). But assuming it 032x then it's unlocked.

Re: What about both of these?

@tomX said:
Sorry, me again, what about these two 2500+?

Number 1:
AXDA2500KV4D 2379287L30702
AQYHA 0350TPMW

Number 2:
AXDA2500DKV4D 9576498280442
AQUCA 03208UPCW

Thnks a lot!

AtomX

Alright, for those of you with the unwillingness to read the whole thread (who can blame you?)... First off, as a rule, it would seem most chips after week 0339 (2003, week 39) are locked, and might as well count on it. The steppings that have been found to be unlocked (after week 39) have been identified in the very first post of this thread,and it's continually updated. If you don't know what this week code is... In the examples above, it is 0350 (probably locked), and 0320 (probably not locked).

Hope that helps!

i bought a XP2500 Mobil CPU from newegg, and I believe it to be locked on multiplier 14. Since I cant change the multi's. My max speed is 1.96GHz =( I bought this CPU about 3 weeks ago. oem, from NewEgg.

My advice? Stick with the non mobil CPU's with the 333 bus. This way, if you do get a lcoked CPU, atleast you got the 333 bus instead of 266 bus that im stuck with =(

Although, I got some XP1800's here that are "old" meaning their late 2001 early 2002 wks. maybe i can squeeze 2ghz out of one of those =D

Welcome to the forums FMD. Your mobile Barton is fully multiplier unlocked.

It's your motherboard that can't post high range (13 and up) multipliers.

Only Abit, DFI and Soltek nForce2s can do this without any wire tricks. Other brands need wire tricks that are done like so:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=279392

Good luck.

P.S. You need T-Bred B or Bartons to go above 2 GHz.

T-Bred A's mostly do under 2 GHz.

Also, usually it's your RAM sticks and motherboard that prevents you from getting high FSBs with Bartons and T-Breds, not the CPU.

Last edited:
I've got a A7N8X rev 2 board, and a AXDA2500DKV4D - AQXFA0335RPMW, and from what I have found, is that I'm unlocked up to 12.5, at 13 the system wont boot, no matter how low I go on the FSB, I havent tried below 11. I'm a bit bound by the FSB because I'm running pc2700. So the multiplier is my best way of OC'ing. Any way of opening up 13x and above?

yeah thats what I thought, but If I bump my FSB down to 150 or so, and move my multiplier to 13, at boot, the CPU should be 2.205, but instead it reads as a 750Mhz?? It doesnt make any sense to me thats for sure.

It's your motherboard that can't post high range multipliers, that particular CPU is fully unlocked.

When you try to post with 13, instead of 13 it goes back to 5 multiplier:
5 x 150 = 750

locked amd's...

Hi there!

I just read your thread regarding locked and unlocked cpu's. I just got an xp3000+ 400fsb and had this number on the chip:

AQXFA 0341WPMW

The question is this: Based on your thread, I did not find this particular number among your list of locked cpu's. Is it safe to assume that this is unlocked if that's the case? Thanks a lot and more power to you! BTW, I'm a newbie here in this forum...:)

Re: locked amd's...

f2004 said:
Hi there!

I just read your thread regarding locked and unlocked cpu's. I just got an xp3000+ 400fsb and had this number on the chip:

AQXFA 0341WPMW

The question is this: Based on your thread, I did not find this particular number among your list of locked cpu's. Is it safe to assume that this is unlocked if that's the case? Thanks a lot and more power to you! BTW, I'm a newbie here in this forum...:)

SOmeone's gotta do it....

Welcome to the forum!

:D

Its a week 41, so im guessing its locked. :(

Thanks c627627, I've been a bit bewildered by that. Is there a work around for that? Or is my board at it's limit? Are there NF2 boards that'll run a 13 or higher multi?

If your CPU is unlocked but you can only post lower range (12.5 and lower) multipliers, yes there's a workaround for 13 and higher:

dippy_skoodlez said:

There are only three know nForce2 bopards that post all multiplier for all unlocked CPUs: Abit, DFI and Soltek.

Other nForce2s post some multipliers but for others, they need the wire trick.

f2004, see where it says AQXFA 0341WPMW, that 0341 means 2003 week 41. There were a few unlocked 2003 week 41 and 42 CPUs but more of them were locked, only a few were not. There is no way to tell before buying them. Almost all 2003 week 43 and later are multiplier locked.

Rememebr that if you have PC3200 RAM, you're better off with a brand new locked Barton since they overclock higher than old ones but you need quality RAM (and motherboard) to overclock the FSB instead of the multiplier,
MHZ speed = [FSB] x multiplier

Well, I MAY take a look at trying the wire trick. My board does list 13x and up. Unfortunately for me, I am only running pc2700. So I can only do so much with the FSB. I've had the FSB up to 200, but I have to back the memory down to run at 83%. Which doesn't seem to be very efficient. So I'm now running at 173 x 12.5 Which is about the max stable. Would be nice to be able to notch the multi up a bit more! P.S. I do seem to have a unlocked version....AQXFA0335RPMW

It's probably best to stay with 100% insync and not go async like 83%.
No matter what the benchmark tests say, real word performance is best at 100% in sync.

Most generic PC2700 RAM sticks may not be able to go into 190s FSB so you need a high multiplier with them if you have a multiplier unlocked CPU.

Yeah thats what I seem to be finding, I have 2x 512 Mb of some pretty basic Kingston, unmatched. I'm actually beginning to think that because I can't seem to get any higher than 173 x 12.5 (2.164) I might need to do some vcore changing. The system gets unstable at anything above 2.190 or above. Maybe with a vcore tweak, I may be able to get up to 180 x 12.5 who knows? I haven't gotten into that as of yet, but it might prove to give up some more MHz.

Back