• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200mhz fsb STABLE!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ghost68

well i got mad at my northbridge cooler so i made my own... it consists of an old pentium heatsink lapped as2'd drilled and slightly modified so it mounts with the little plastic mounting thingies that came with the stock cooler... it looks just plain sexy next to my mcx462 :) and its functional too... before i could barely hit 195 fsb 8.5 multi and it was really unstable..... now she just purrs @ 200 fsb 8.5 multi :)

hey and now i use the fan that came with the stock cooler to cool the back of my vid card.... (and the amd fan that came with my processor to cool the front...)

now im gonna try 4 1800mhz hehe

NuebieN

How did he get the Kt7a to go to 170? Mine only goes to 150 in the bios. I also have a rev 1.3.

Anyone know?

Yodums

Strider879 said:
What is your temperature at?

He averages some where 38-45 Celius full load.

Speed isn't the factor in this case its FSB.... With an fsb like that on an XP+, he would be able to crunch Seti way faster than the other XP Users.

Yodums

OP
Ghost68

Ghost68

WOW seti appears to practically fly now im already @ 3.5% and its only been 7 min just wondering how long does it take to do 1 wu on average???

Yodums

Ghost68 said:
WOW seti appears to practically fly now im already @ 3.5% and its only been 7 min just wondering how long does it take to do 1 wu on average???

Are you using SetiSpy (CLI) or the screen saver version (GUI, directly from Berkely).

You should be crunching in the high 2 hours. Post it in the Set forums we'll help you there instead of hijacking.